Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2020, 10:31 AM   #21

The latest..

After being told that this would be covered under warranty, and that all of the parts were in stock, our Freightliner dealer reneged. I was advised that this TSB doesn't apply to our VIN. This was after I supplied them with the VIN, and was told it was under warranty.
I spoke with Freightliner support. A very helpful agent told me that what I was told was correct because our VIN was not included. She highly suggested that I speak with the local Service Manager, explain the situation, and ask that it be taken up to the District Service Manager for resolution. She said they generally use the reasonable man theory.
Keeping fingers crossed!!
Meanwhile while the coach was there they did replace all of the bushings under warranty. The tech stated that they were over torqued from the factory!!

Does anyone have a 2016 or later M2 chassis that has had this TSB covered under warranty?
2017 Seneca 36FK
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:16 PM   #22

I have a 2018 that was covered under warrentee at about 5000 miles and 3 months.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
I have a 2018 that was covered under warrentee at about 5000 miles and 3 months.
What was covered under warranty? Did they just replace the bushings, or did they comply with TSB 37-42?
2017 Seneca 36FK
Old 01-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #24

Full replacement of the hardware and the rubber fittings with new style. All covered under the warrentee.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:40 PM   #25

The latest and greatest on our front stabilizer upgrade.

After being denied replacement per TSB 32-47 under warranty at my local dealership I contacted Freightliner technical customer service. I had a nice discussion with the rep. She affirmed that the dealership was correct in denying to cover it under warranty because my VIN wasn’t included in the TSB. She was unable to explain why. She did suggested that I requested the service manager to consult with the Freightliner District Service Manager for authorization.

This was done and the update was authorized. The work was completed today! The tech even said that I was smart to be persistent. He said they see failed bushings on the bayonet style mounts frequently.

If you are under warranty and have not had your bayonet mounts changed per the TSB I highly suggest that you pursue getting it done.
2017 Seneca 36FK
Old 02-23-2020, 05:54 AM   #26

any photos of new set up?
gregflys415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #27

I'm sorry, but I don't have any pics. Here is TSB 32-47. It's a much better design.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/a...3&d=1577388898
2017 Seneca 36FK