Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #1

Charge Wizard Operation

Is anyone familiar with the charge wizard operation? According to the owners manual it is located next to the fuse panel. The green light is suppose to flash intermittently at different intervals advising use of the charging operation of the battery by the converter. My doesn't seem to flash. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk
richie t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #2

LIGHT “ON” AT ALL TIMES – Indicates the Charge Wizard is in the Boost Mode (Converter output voltage set to 14.4-volts)

LIGHT “BLINKS” ON AND OFF FROM ONCE TO MANY TIMES A SECOND. – The Charge Wizard is in the Normal Mode (Converter output voltage set to 13.6-volts).

LIGHT “BLINKS” ON AND OFF APPROX. EVERY 6 TO 8 SECONDS. – The Charge Wizard is in the Storage Mode (Converter output voltage set to 13.2-volts).
Old 05-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
LIGHT “ON” AT ALL TIMES – Indicates the Charge Wizard is in the Boost Mode (Converter output voltage set to 14.4-volts)

LIGHT “BLINKS” ON AND OFF FROM ONCE TO MANY TIMES A SECOND. – The Charge Wizard is in the Normal Mode (Converter output voltage set to 13.6-volts).

LIGHT “BLINKS” ON AND OFF APPROX. EVERY 6 TO 8 SECONDS. – The Charge Wizard is in the Storage Mode (Converter output voltage set to 13.2-volts).
Hi, I read that in the manual. Mine is not lit up st all.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:26 PM   #4

My understanding is that there is nothing to understand, it's automatic. If your light isn't flashing as described you have some troubleshooting to do. You could see if your battery is charging and your problem may be a bad LED in the indicator. If it's not working you should have a noticeable drop in your battery if it's under use. I've talked to the tech department at Progressive Dynamics before and they can help trouble shoot if necessary. I think they are open 8-4 EST and you press 4 for technical assistance I believe. The hours provided at the beginning of the recording are not accurate.
Knauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie t View Post
Mine is not lit up st all.

Sorry, but you originally said "not flashing" which means it's at 14.4 volt output.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #6

Obviously when I'm plugged in at the campground I do not have any noticeable drop in power; it always shows fully charged. When I'm dry camping it drops but it's because I may have lights on or water pump, etc. It has to go in for some warranty work so I'll have them check it. Thanks for the advice.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #7

Also, everything works fine in the 5th wheel. Maybe you're right; it's just a bad LED. That would be great. Something as simple as that.

Old 06-20-2023, 02:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knauby View Post
My understanding is that there is nothing to understand, it's automatic. If your light isn't flashing as described you have some troubleshooting to do. You could see if your battery is charging and your problem may be a bad LED in the indicator. If it's not working you should have a noticeable drop in your battery if it's under use. I've talked to the tech department at Progressive Dynamics before and they can help trouble shoot if necessary. I think they are open 8-4 EST and you press 4 for technical assistance I believe. The hours provided at the beginning of the recording are not accurate.
Does anyone know if it is compatible with AGM and/or Lithium Batteries?
Senior Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 02:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Retired View Post
Does anyone know if it is compatible with AGM and/or Lithium Batteries?
Depends on the model, but the boost button on the older models will charge lithium, you just have to press it every 4 hrs to force 14.4 volts.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote