Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #1

Coleman mach 8 in bedroom leaking. Help!

Hey folks, I am having a terrible time fixing this leak. First and foremost two things that I know for a fact are NOT the problem.
1. The condensate drains are NOT blocked. The water is not even coming from that area.
2. The gasket seal is fine and the bolts are properly torqued and the water is NOT coming from that.

The water is pooling in the base of the unit next to the blower fan when it rains and the fan sucks the water into the bedroom. Coleman was sent a picture of the water and confirmed that it is not condensation or the gasket. They said there is a blockage in the intake path of air from inside the trailer that creates a suction and pulls water in. I'm going to try and include a pic. The compartment where it pools is not in the condensate path and there are no drain holes there.

As you can see, the condensate drains are open (I have removed the bits of pine needles and such, but there was no blockage) and the compartment highlighted is where there is an inch or two of water when I use the unit in the rain.

What I cannot figure out is where the intake path of air from inside the bedroom. All the holes in the cover inside seem to blow out and I cannot figure out the path of air, even when I take the inside cover off.

Can anyone explain what intake Coleman was talking about?
backdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:36 AM   #2

Was just getting ready to search for bedroom A/C leaking. Sorry, our problem isn't like yours.

Ours leaks too and when we opened it found the foam dividing the hot air/cold air was leaning. It was straightened and taped into place. It doesn't start leaking right away - maybe 5-6 days out. And humidity doesn't really play a factor either. Have gotten on the roof and verified everything is clear and tight.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, how did you remedy?

What is strange - it didn't leak in 2016 or 2017 but started in 2018.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdock View Post

What I cannot figure out is where the intake path of air from inside the bedroom. All the holes in the cover inside seem to blow out and I cannot figure out the path of air, even when I take the inside cover off.

Can anyone explain what intake Coleman was talking about?
When you remove the inside grill there should be two chambers separated by a foil covered foam panel. One side is supply(the back) the other side is return(the front).