Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #11

Here is a previous thread on the subject that might help.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ngs-28197.html

Old 08-05-2015, 12:03 AM   #12

I carry a cheap infared thermometer, and at every gas stop do a quick lap around the trailer checking tire and hub temperatures. Anomalies there can be a good indicator of air pressure, brake or hub problems.

skylarkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarkva View Post
I carry a cheap infared thermometer, and at every gas stop do a quick lap around the trailer checking tire and hub temperatures. Anomalies there can be a good indicator of air pressure, brake or hub problems.
I just recently started doing the same! I keep the ir thermometer in the glove box.

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #14

Inspect Brakes and Repack Bearings in an EZLube: Yearly?

Follow up as OP for this thread: had bearings re packed the old fashioned way and brakes inspected etc. all was healthy and good for another year. Thanks to those who contributed to the good best practices. If you've followed my other posts since then, picked up rig and the landing gear failed. It's down and vacation cancelled. But the hubs are good!!! Haha
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearles View Post
I have a 2010 with EZ-Lube, I inspect and add a little new grease annually, trick is being able to spin the wheel as you slowly add grease to ensure it spreads around the entire bearing evenly. Without spinning the wheel you are likely to blow out the bearing.
Slow is better and don't use air powered grease guns, hand pressure only. No problems with any wheel in 5 years.
I agree with you. Spinning the wheel is the trick as you slowly add.
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #16
DAD

2015 Pinnacle wheel bearings

I have a 36 FBTS. I put 9000 miles on it this summer. Within 400 miles I could see the tires were separating already. Had Ranier junk on it . Replaced them and Jayco paid for them. The shop I used to own had a 1 year old trailer with 7000 lb Lippert axles that all 4 outer wheel bearings where bad. The rv came in because he lost a entire wheel tire hub assy due to outer bearing failure. After hearing this I felt I should check my bearings, because I was about to drive another 9000 miles or more. My bearings were perfect, but the brakes have auto adjust mechanisms that fell apart and were rolling around inside drum. The auto adjuster had completley come apart on RF and the adjuster was behind the secondary brake shoe on LR. So I had 2 brakes that were not working. I recommend having hubs inspected annually for this reason. I don't use lube axles because I see over greasing often. I removed auto adjusters because the adjust lever was so far below the star wheel that they could not possibly auto adjust. I will manually adjust as I have with past trailers I recommend you have your hubs inspected right away.

DAD is offline   Reply With Quote