Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2023, 04:22 PM   #1

Jayco Pinnacle 2021 RLTS 32 iRV stereo Receiver

Hey everyone, we have a 2021 Jayco Pinnacle 32 RLTS. We have the TV mounted on the hydraulic lift. Today we replaced the Furion TV with a new Samsung 50". It was easy for the most part. I did have to enlarge the holes on the bracket that mounts to the back of the new TV as the Samsung had larger bolts. My question is how does everyone get the TV sound to play through the sound bar?
We have the iRV receiver mounted above with the three zones.
If we play a DVD or music we can get the sound bar to work. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_5.jpg   Screenshot_3.jpg   Screenshot_6.png  
Gneff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 04:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneff57 View Post
Hey everyone, we have a 2021 Jayco Pinnacle 32 RLTS. We have the TV mounted on the hydraulic lift. Today we replaced the Furion TV with a new Samsung 50". It was easy for the most part. I did have to enlarge the holes on the bracket that mounts to the back of the new TV as the Samsung had larger bolts. My question is how does everyone get the TV sound to play through the sound bar?
We have the iRV receiver mounted above with the three zones.
If we play a DVD or music we can get the sound bar to work. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

How was your old TV connected? Was this new system installed after you replaced the TV? In the standard system installed with the '21 Pinnacles, the TV is connected to the JBL Aura system using the ARC output from the system to the TV. When watching TV, we are on the ARC output on the stereo for the speakers to work.
Old 04-30-2023, 05:08 AM   #3

The IRV must be set to display HDMI ARC (or something similar, can't exactly remember!)

The HDMI cable should be plugged into the ARC HDMI port on the TV.

https://www.samsung.com/levant/suppo...sung-smart-tv/

TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
How was your old TV connected? Was this new system installed after you replaced the TV? In the standard system installed with the '21 Pinnacles, the TV is connected to the JBL Aura system using the ARC output from the system to the TV. When watching TV, we are on the ARC output on the stereo for the speakers to work.
Mine did not come with the JBL sound system. It was manufactured in late 2020. Probably right before they came out with the upgraded sound system. I have a sound bar that is tied into the iRV receiver with right and left speaker wires. There is an HDMI cable coming from the receiver to the TV. What I’m not sure about is whether or not it’s plugged into a arc/ hdmi port on the back of the receiver. The receiver looks to only have one HDMI port. That will be my next task is the pull the receiver out so that I can get to the back of it. Thanks for the help though.
Gneff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneff57 View Post
Mine did not come with the JBL sound system. It was manufactured in late 2020. Probably right before they came out with the upgraded sound system. I have a sound bar that is tied into the iRV receiver with right and left speaker wires. There is an HDMI cable coming from the receiver to the TV. What I’m not sure about is whether or not it’s plugged into a arc/ hdmi port on the back of the receiver. The receiver looks to only have one HDMI port. That will be my next task is the pull the receiver out so that I can get to the back of it. Thanks for the help though.

Lol, I would not call our system upgraded. What input on your TV is the HDMI cable connected to from the stereo? As A Roamer said look for an ARC type output on your system front panel if you only have the one HDMI connection in the back, and your HDMI cable should be connected to the ARC input on the TV
Old 05-02-2023, 04:30 PM   #6

If your iRV does not have an HDMI input, you either have to hack around with HDMI-to-RCA adapters from the HDMI ARC port on your TV, or you have to upgrade your receiver (the iRVs appear to be rather outdated--I have one in my 2015 Pinnacle, and it has zero HDMI inputs). When budget allows, I'm going to swap mine out for a different multi-zone receiver. The difficulty is that there are few 3-zone receivers available. Ideally, I'd use a home theater receiver (though it will likely need some shock isolation when traveling), wire the ceiling speakers as forward and rear surround, zone 2 stereo in the bedroom, zone 3 stereo outside (if possible--may need a splitter/amplifier on zone 2, as there are few if any 3-zone home theater receivers). Reason for going this way: I'll probably go Sony end-to-end, as they have a prioprietary audio sync protocol so that you don't go nuts seeing people's lips move a quarter-second before you hear what they're saying.