Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2023, 05:43 PM   #1

Fresh water outer shell.

I have a 2003 Jayco Eagle 263 RKS 5th wheel and the fresh water tank drain valve is pooched. by the looks of it, the water tank is inside of an outer shell or container of some sort. the water valve sticks out of the drivers side near the bottom, but the flanged valve is riveted to a piece that is also riveted to this outer shell. I have carefully drilled out the valve flange rivets, but there is absolutely NO slack in the water line inside and I am afraid to pull any harder to see if there is a clamp of some sort holding the valve to the line. (I am assuming the valve is connected to a line and not threaded into the actual tank) Can someone correct me if I am wrong please.)
There are other rivets that seem to hold/fasten this lowest level piece of plastic to this "outer shell". if I drill out these rivets, will I be able to see the water line from the tank outlet to the hose barb on the actual tank drain valve?
thanks.
Grumpypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water tank outer shell