Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2024, 07:35 AM   #1

New Owner... some ?s. North Point 382FLRB

Good day... first post, so don't flame me too much!

Soon will be picking up a new '24 North Point 382flrb.
Trading our '18 Solitude 344GK... just needed some extra space!

Questions:
1) Was told the converter will "Auto Detect" if I'm using Li batteries (transferring 2 from my current rig); Is this true, or are there selections/dip switches that need to be set?

2) Since there are 3 propane tanks, I'm familiar with the auto-switch regulator between two tanks, but a bit confused by the regulator on the side with 2 tank... does this auto-switch as well, or just pull from both tanks simultaneously?

3) What are the most common issues most folks will likely experience on these rigs? I'm intimately familiar with the Solitude and did a LOT of work on that (replaced fridge cooling unit, replaced ALL hydraulic lines with custom CAT lines, replaced ALL flex plumbing with PEX, installed hydraulic disc brakes, etc...)

4) any common small annoyances where most people have aligned on simple solutions? For example, on the Solitude, the screen door latch was plastic and useless; cheap metal latch is easy to source/replace.

Sorry for the long winded Intro... looking forward to learning a whole new manufactures way of doing things!
bfs673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post

Questions:
1) Was told the inverter will "Auto Detect" if I'm using Li batteries (transferring 2 from my current rig); Is this true, or are there selections/dip switches that need to be set?
Do you mean the Converter battery charger? and
Attached Thumbnails
wel4.png  
Old 03-25-2024, 07:46 AM   #3

Welcome Aboard, wish I could help you. Someone will jump in soon and should be able to answer your questions.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Do you mean the Converter battery charger? and
Yes...
Proud US Navy Veteran
Old 03-25-2024, 08:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Yes...
The best way to confirm that is by getting the model # off the power center and web searching. JAYCO changes models based on availability, so that is what I would do.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The best way to confirm that is by getting the model # off the power center and web searching. JAYCO changes models based on availability, so that is what I would do.
Got it... I'll do that upon delivery.
Proud US Navy Veteran
Old 03-25-2024, 09:49 AM   #7

Quote:

Questions:
1) Was told the converter will "Auto Detect" if I'm using Li batteries (transferring 2 from my current rig); Is this true, or are there selections/dip switches that need to be set?

2) Since there are 3 propane tanks, I'm familiar with the auto-switch regulator between two tanks, but a bit confused by the regulator on the side with 2 tank... does this auto-switch as well, or just pull from both tanks simultaneously?

3) What are the most common issues most folks will likely experience on these rigs? I'm intimately familiar with the Solitude and did a LOT of work on that (replaced fridge cooling unit, replaced ALL hydraulic lines with custom CAT lines, replaced ALL flex plumbing with PEX, installed hydraulic disc brakes, etc...)

4) any common small annoyances where most people have aligned on simple solutions? For example, on the Solitude, the screen door latch was plastic and useless; cheap metal latch is easy to source/replace.

Sorry for the long winded Intro... looking forward to learning a whole new manufactures way of doing things!
1. doubt that...there should be a switch on converter...read manual

2. the way it works on my unit, could be just the pressure settings in the regulator on my RV, if all are on...right side tank first, then which ever tank is selected on the left side (driver side) then the non-selected tank last.

3. I had a few valances fall off, wrong type screws underneath the skirting fell out...minor issues on my Pinnacle.

4. a few minor... not worth typing

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:27 PM   #8

As Learjet said, my converter has a switch to change to lithium. Biggest annoyance for me is the Irvine Blind Co. blinds. They suck. The roller mechanisms are plastic and break. Install a Watchdog surge protector inline. no one can steal it.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:53 AM   #9

Our converter has a tiny switch you can access from the front that converts the charging profile to Li. The solar controller has battery chemistry and size settings in the setup screen on the BMPro. Speaking of annoyances, that is probably the one most people rant about. I’m OK with it, but others have had issues with it not getting out of the boot up screen. You can do a search for BMBro or tablet and get a weeks worth of reading. Good news is your smart phone can do what it does if it goes bad
Nevr2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:44 AM   #10

forgot about the shades, I have several broken. I just loosened them all the way so they stay down...not ideal...but works for now.

B&W hitch
Old 03-28-2024, 08:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2late View Post
Our converter has a tiny switch you can access from the front that converts the charging profile to Li. The solar controller has battery chemistry and size settings in the setup screen on the BMPro. Speaking of annoyances, that is probably the one most people rant about. I’m OK with it, but others have had issues with it not getting out of the boot up screen. You can do a search for BMBro or tablet and get a weeks worth of reading. Good news is your smart phone can do what it does if it goes bad
After 3 pone calls to the dealership, they finally provided the converter model number: PD4560WI. Manual shows the small switch for the charge profile... thank you!
Proud US Navy Veteran
Old 03-28-2024, 12:14 PM   #12

I have the same power center and it's definitely switchable.
Nevr2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:51 PM   #13

should have told you the model number is on the door if you open it up

B&W hitch
Old 03-30-2024, 12:57 PM   #14

Welcome. We have that same NP and the only issue we have had is the Voice Command system. They are replacing the little round thing on the ceiling in the kitchen. We have owned 13 RVs and this is by far our fav (and last I hope). We liked our Solitude also but none compare to this NP. Enjoy. Betsy.
Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 04:46 PM   #15

I have the same converter pictures are attached. Li for lithium LA for led acid.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20240331_223452631.NIGHT.jpg   PXL_20240331_223332578.jpg  
newsleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 04:55 PM   #16

The 2 tanks on the wet bay side are on auto switch and regulated. The other tank has it's own regulator and feeds into a splitter below the other tanks, so if open it will feed with the tank running on the other side. I keep mine closed and open if the other 2 are empty. Also good luck getting the right side tank out with the left one in place. Same problem with the j voice mine is also unplugged.
Old 04-01-2024, 12:45 PM   #17

We had our entrance door replaced because on our walk thru you could see out thru the top. Been in it full time since the middle of October and just love it.
Old 04-02-2024, 02:21 PM   #18

Thanks to everyone for your responses and feedback !!!

We received our NP yesterday and love the layout. Found the LI/LA switch on the electrical panel without issue...

We've only been in the rig for 24 hours now and like the layout / livability. Fit and finish are better than what we've experienced in the past (Keystone and Grand Design).

A few issues we've noticed since delivery (didn't notice/find during walk-through):

1) Door, when closed, can see daylight between it and the door frame... the seal on the door isn't contacting the door frame. Hoping I can move the striker plate back a bit and easily resolve.
2) Convection / Microwave doesn't work in Microwave or Oven mode. All lit up, counting down but no joy. played with this for a while; Dealership submitted warranty request for replacement.
3) 3rd AC with heat pump doesn't feel like it's providing heat; wasn't expecting the air to be super warm... but luke warm would be good... air just feels like ambient. (Will get IR gun at some point to actually measure)
4) We are living in our trailer for the moment... in cold weather so our fresh water tank was filled to use when the hose from the water barb freezes... The Jayco app is constantly providing notifications telling me the "Fresh water Tank is Empty", then "Tank is Full"... so on and so forth.
5) self-leveling sealant around the shower skylight wasn't done very well and needed some touch-up
6) a couple drawers catch a bit while closing before the "soft close" engages

Upcoming projects:
1) replace the USB charging ports with charging ports for USB-C
2) Adding a Victron battery monitor; going with Bluetooth model)
3) adding a few battery bus bars / complete disconnect, etc. to clean up and prepare for additional batteries / Solar at some point
4) Belly slide into the rear pass-through storage (have an 8' slide from my previous trailer)
6) likely next year, but will convert to Hydraulic disc brakes... put them on my Solitude and swore I'd never go back to electric brakes!
7) Likely add slipper springs and shock absorbers, just to help settle things down when pulling on rougher roads

Open to suggestions!
Proud US Navy Veteran
Old 04-02-2024, 07:16 PM   #19

They had a plastic piece on the bottom on my door and it was preventing it from closing properly...removed it and all good...Just FYI

B&W hitch
Old 04-03-2024, 07:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
They had a plastic piece on the bottom on my door and it was preventing it from closing properly...removed it and all good...Just FYI
I'll check for that!
A quick adjustment of the striker plate solved to my satisfaction.
Proud US Navy Veteran