Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #1

Satellite/TV Hook Ups

Sorry to start a new thread on this subject but getting desperate as we leave tomorrow for our first trip in the new Pinnacle. So far it has been a questionable start. Our bedroom air compressor locked up and we had to make a fast trip to the dealer yesterday. Fortunately they had a unit in stock for a replacement.

I've read thru everything I can find. All I see coming into the cabinet next to the av system is one open coax connection. I'm assuming that is for the incoming line from the Pathway X2 which is connected to sat or aux connection in the hook up panel. I attached the coax cable from the Wally to the open port in the cabinet which should send it the signal but I can see no way to get the signal from the Wally to the tv. Usually that would be an HDMI cable but I can't see a way to run one as I have no access to the back of the tv I guess without removing it. Any suggestions on that issue?

The av system does have an HDMI connection in the front but when I plug the Wally into it I get nothing. I can select F-HDMI but nothing comes to the tv. I'm not sure which input on the Furrion tv would need to be selected to make it work, if possible. Several calls to the dealer have not helped. Any advice is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_0342 (2).jpg  
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #2

The TV must be on a swivel! Give it a little pull, I bet it comes out. They lock in pretty good.

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #3

When you run the coax cable from your Pathway into your coax connection into your Pinnacle you are going to have problem point.

You have to bypass all of that and run your coax from the Pathway antenna into your Wally receiver, that's why I install a separate connection on the outside of my 5th wheel to hook directly to the Wally receiver.

The cs of Dish Network or any one of them told me that their system don't work with splitter. I went through the same thing for a couple of years now, checking on different forum asking different people and everything so my conclusion was it to just drill a hole in the side of my fiver so that I can connect directly to the Wally receiver, I even went to Camping World and ask them.

You see you have your wally receiver hook up to the coax connection in the back up top and that is coming from your web bay in you rv and their is where the problem is, you have to bypass that all together.

Now in your Pinnacle looking at it you will have to drill a hole behind the panel with your receiver is at now straight through to hook it it directly but I don't know if you want to do that though.

It might be another way that you can do that and if it is you have to do a search on that.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:34 PM   #4

I did get it working. It actually worked using the provided hookups. The problem I was having, which I probably didn't explain very well, was how to get the Wally hooked up to the tv with an HDMI cable. We have a pop up tv and I just couldn't understand why Jayco would give you a coax for the feed to the Wally but no way to connect it to the tv. I finally decided the only way was to drill a hole in the bottom corner of the cabinet and feed the HDMI cable along the wall to inside the tv cabinet. There is an emergency exit window behind the tv which I had to open to be able to connect it to the tv. If the tv is up you can't see the cable. It will be rare that it is down, except for travel.

I was hopeful the HDMI hook up on the front of the av system would work but no go. I'm just glad I did get it working.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:53 AM   #5

Great, you would think that these rv manufactory would do a better rigging the rv's it seem like that most if not all of them run it that way but hey I'm glad you was able to get it to work. Have fun on your trip and stay safe.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:16 PM   #6

Thumbs up

There is a HDMI on the back of the iRV35. You have to pop off the two side panels and remove 4 screws. Then feed HDMI cable through hole in the cabinet. Use the HDMI ARC setting on the iRV35 to get picture to the TV.

Looks like they would have done this during the install.
Textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #7

I installed the Wally myself. I saw the HDMI connections on the instruction sheet for the iRV35. I was hopeful the front one would work but I couldn't get a picture. The one in the rear must be a pass thru to the tv. Wish I had known but what I did works. I did not like drilling a hole in the cabinet but it is only 3/4 inch and hidden unless you actually look for it.

We've used the tv this evening and I can see it is not all that great. A little hard to get the settings for the picture to my satisfaction, the side viewing is not good and the sound is a bit lacking. I'm not a tv fanatic but I do like the picture to be as natural looking as possible. May have a Black Friday replacement in my future.

The sound bar doesn't have much bass to it. I can't find where the sound can be adjusted. I guess it could be replaced as long as a better one would fit the opening. Not sure how it is connected to the iRV35 or if it would be able to handle a higher powered sound bar. Any suggestions would be appreciated.