Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2018, 11:49 AM   #1

Satellite Wiring for 2018 North Point 315 RLTS

I am trying to get the satellite signal from a Bell, standard def receiver using rg6 cable, to the living room and bedroom, with the receiver in the livingroom. I have read as many threads as I can find on the forum but can't find the answer for my situation. I started by hooking up to the cable port as other people have said and expected it to feed the system. I couldn't get a signal at all. So I checked the connections behind the living room receptacle plate. It appears a little more electronically complicated than our 2012 that I had no problem figuring out. I moved my exterior connecton to the satellite input and got a signal in the lv rm. Then I tried moving the 3 rg6 connections around with many combinations and still no change.
I cant understand why the signal will not go thru the cable connection. It isnt hd so the signal/voltage should be the same. The next step is to access the back of the radio and see if there are other splitters as one thread suggests and will try different combinations there. Another project has taken priority for a few hrs so I'll check back before I get back to it.
Thanks for any input that might be coming my way.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #2

Make sure the antenna amplifier is turned off when using the cable/antenna cables.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #3

Checked that first thing, amp was off at all times.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 PM   #4

After posting this thread I contacted Jayco via email asking for the cable/satellite schematics for our unit. Within 2 hrs they replied with schematics for 3 models, one being the same as ours. I stared at it long enough to figure out that the cable/satellite systems are independent of each other and I had to figure out how to join them to reach the bedroom.

It involved a splitter behind the radio that I had to access by removing the partition left of the radio, inside the cabinet, to get my paws on the splitter. The only hole was the one that the coverplate covers so I had to surgically removed the partition, take the cable feed to the bedroom and attach it to the satellite out and hook the bedroom tv to the cable port not the satellite.

At the living room end I split the cable feed to the bedroom tv and a short feed to the main cable feed so that I can still get a cable feed to the bedroom without having to pull the plate off and fiddle with screw on connections. Also tested the signal with the 12v amp on. It only made the signal snowy but didn’t cut it right out.

I would post the schematics if I could only figure out how. If anyone would like a copy, please pm me and I’ll pass them on. Someone more technologically inclined could post them if they want.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #5

Howdy from Texas,
I sure am glad your post about cable/satellite coax showed up today. I have dealt with this issue in my 2015 Jayco Seismic every time we have traveled. After reading your posts it strikes me you have a good handle on what the issues could be and how to correct it (or at least gives me some idea of how to dig deeper behind the scene).
Would you please send me the schematic you have. My email address is cedarby@yahoo.com. I wasn't able to pm you cause the moderators haven't given me the permissions yet!!! I haven't been on this forum in quite a while...

Thanking you in advance for your diligent exploration!!
Chuck aka DeuceGlide
DeuceGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #6

I had this exact problem on our 315 when i installed a TV in the basement. We have a dish receiver in the living room and I wanted to watch satellite on all the TV's, realizing it would have to be the same channel on all three TV's. I disconnected he TV wire in the cabinet above the living room TV and use that connection to run satellite to all TV's. I connected an RF modulator to the receiver (sat. out) with a rg6 coax and then connected the RF modulator to the TV connection. I get a perfect picture on all three with this set up. I had a couple satellite IR cones from a previous system and use that to change channels on the bedroom television en we are in there.
43acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceGlide View Post
Howdy from Texas,
I sure am glad your post about cable/satellite coax showed up today. I have dealt with this issue in my 2015 Jayco Seismic every time we have traveled. After reading your posts it strikes me you have a good handle on what the issues could be and how to correct it (or at least gives me some idea of how to dig deeper behind the scene).
Would you please send me the schematic you have. My email address is cedarby@yahoo.com. I wasn't able to pm you cause the moderators haven't given me the permissions yet!!! I haven't been on this forum in quite a while...

Thanking you in advance for your diligent exploration!!
Chuck aka DeuceGlide
Just read your message. I will email you tomorrow with the schematics when I can access them on my lap top. They may be different for your Seismic. You can email Jayco direct for your model specific. I just used their service email address. You will have to provide the serial # which is the last 8 figures if your vin #. After they sent me the rg6 schematics a couple of hours after my request I asked for the electrical schematics and received them a few hours later. Late afternoon today I requested the plumbing schematics. We will se if I get them tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRGMC View Post
Checked that first thing, amp was off at all times.
I'm getting ready to tackle adding a Winegard Pathway X2 to my 2018 North Point 315RLTS and don't know if I will run into any surprises or challenges in doing so. I will be using Dish with a Wally receiver. I was hoping to have it run both the living room TV and the bedroom TV. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a schematic that you may find helpful:

https://postimg.cc/image/ou0o1c87z/
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43acres View Post
I had this exact problem on our 315 when i installed a TV in the basement. We have a dish receiver in the living room and I wanted to watch satellite on all the TV's, realizing it would have to be the same channel on all three TV's. I disconnected he TV wire in the cabinet above the living room TV and use that connection to run satellite to all TV's. I connected an RF modulator to the receiver (sat. out) with a rg6 coax and then connected the RF modulator to the TV connection. I get a perfect picture on all three with this set up. I had a couple satellite IR cones from a previous system and use that to change channels on the bedroom television en we are in there.
I would love to see a diagram of what you did. I ordered our North Point 315 with the basement TV and will be doing the same setup you did. If you could email something to me I would greatly appreciate it!!
al@penmortgage.com
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #10

Al,
Just sent you a long winded reply to your pm via pm. Hope it helps. Didn't think to take pictures. I included the cable, electric and plumbing schematics as well. If you need more, pm me again.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #11

Here are coax schematics for all the North Point models:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/hze9ucfk/
Formerly from Sequim, WA