Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #1

TV Swivel

I'm kind of embarrassed to ask this. Talk about 1st world problems...
My Eagle 323LKTS has a flat screen TV at the rear of the coach. If has a spring mechanism that allows it to retract into the rear cabinet behind the fireplace when in transit. And when you set up, you press a button, and the spring releases the TV up and out of the cabinet. When it is up, it has a swivel that allows the TV to be turned slightly for a better viewing angle from the recliners and the coach.

My issue is when it is retracted during travel, the TV always swivels to one side, leaving it "crooked" and unable to spring upward and out of the cabinet. I have to get a knife or small screwdriver and while the spring is deployed, manually try to move the TV to a position that will allow it to escape the cabinet and move upwards. But I am always fearful I am going to scratch the TV in that process.

I have been trying to think of a hack to keep the TV in the proper position during travel, but one that I can then move out of the way while camping to be able to fully move the TV on the swivel. Any ideas?
Old 09-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #2

Is the pivot bolts? If so you could tighten up the bolts so it would take greater force to move.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I have repeatedly checked the pivot bolts, and they are as tight as I can get them.