Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #1

Under bed storage mods

Our 341RLQS has one small plastic "tub" under the bed- We are fulltimers and are desparate for more storage- Has anybody increased the storage in this area? Please share your experiences with us! THANX in advance for your help- Don
Old 02-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #2

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Hummm, our 2012 31.5 RLTS has 2 plastic tubs, I haven't looked but I think the rest of the space under the bed is for the slide out mechanism.

Steve
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
Hummm, our 2012 31.5 RLTS has 2 plastic tubs, I haven't looked but I think the rest of the space under the bed is for the slide out mechanism.

Steve
Can you determine the location of the slide mechanism? Ours is slightly to the right of center- If I could move the mechanism to the left about an inch, I could install a second "tub"- Are your "tubs" of equal size?
My request of Jayco for info on this mod was a "no can do"- Just doesn't seem to be that big a deal to move the mechanism 2 inches to install a second "tub" when other Jayco models have this option-Any measurements will help me determine if I bite the bullet and proceed- THANX in advance for any info you can share- Don
Old 02-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #4

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donnie View Post
Can you determine the location of the slide mechanism? Ours is slightly to the right of center- If I could move the mechanism to the left about an inch, I could install a second "tub"- Are your "tubs" of equal size?
My request of Jayco for info on this mod was a "no can do"- Just doesn't seem to be that big a deal to move the mechanism 2 inches to install a second "tub" when other Jayco models have this option-Any measurements will help me determine if I bite the bullet and proceed- THANX in advance for any info you can share- Don
Donnie,

My trailer is at the dealership for the next couple of weeks, but when I get it back I will look and see and measure things and take a picture or 2. I'm not sure that things can be moved for the slide mechanism, seems that would change the geometry of the slide and be a whole new set of problems.

Steve
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
Donnie,

My trailer is at the dealership for the next couple of weeks, but when I get it back I will look and see and measure things and take a picture or 2. I'm not sure that things can be moved for the slide mechanism, seems that would change the geometry of the slide and be a whole new set of problems.

Steve
Our problem was solved by an enterprising tech here in Az.- He changed the way the slide motor was mounted to create the clearance needed for the extra "tub"- We now await the arrival of the new "tub" to double our storage- THANX for your assistance again- Don
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #6

Underbed storage mod completed

The storage pod arrived and was installed yesterday- DW very happy- Me, too- Unfortunately, the incoming freight was more $ than the part- Now on to the next upgrade- Don
Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donnie View Post
The storage pod arrived and was installed yesterday- DW very happy- Me, too- Unfortunately, the incoming freight was more $ than the part- Now on to the next upgrade- Don
What? No photos?!?! :hihi:

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #8

I just put my blocks in a 25 gallon tote in the cargo hold of trailer. Works great!
2007 Jayco Jayfeather 29A
Crackshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
What? No photos?!?! :hihi:
Technically challenged here- Wish it were not so but that's life- I'm sure someone will forward instructions in plain English that could educate me- JHMO- THANX in advance- Don
Old 03-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #10

Here's two options:

1) Attach a photo by clicking on the paperclip (next to the smiley face). When you click that, a window will pop open and you have to choose the file from your computer and then upload it. Close the window after you have uploaded your photo(s).

2) If your pictures are stored in an online album like PhotoBucket, simply copy the URL for the photo, then click the "insert image" button, paste in the URL and you're done.

I highlighted the two buttons in this picture
Attached Thumbnails
menu.PNG  

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Here's two options:

1) Attach a photo by clicking on the paperclip (next to the smiley face). When you click that, a window will pop open and you have to choose the file from your computer and then upload it. Close the window after you have uploaded your photo(s).

2) If your pictures are stored in an online album like PhotoBucket, simply copy the URL for the photo, then click the "insert image" button, paste in the URL and you're done.

I highlighted the two buttons in this picture
Will give it a shot as soon as I gather enuf nerve- THANX- Don