Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2016, 08:27 AM   #1

Question Winterize 2016 Pinnacle RSQS - Question

I have a new Pinnacle and in the past with my 2010 Designer I typically just blew out my water lines and poured RV Antifreeze into the P-traps. With the Designer, when I connected my air source to the City Water fill inlet, air would also entered the Hot Water Tank and assisted in expelling any water that did not flow out when the drain plug was removed. As I followed the same procedure for the Pinnacle, I did not get any air to the Hot Water Tank. I don't understand why if the utility settings are set for City Water which should provide water to the cold water lines and the HW Heater, why I am not getting air entering the Water Heater. As a result, I was also not getting air blowing out of any of the HW side of my faucets. The Pinnacle does not have a HW Heater bypass so I know that is not the problem. I eventually was able to get a small amount of air thru the HW Heater and the HW side of the faucets but I am still puzzled by this. I later found in the Jayco manual Plumbing System section for the Pinnacle (page 123) a Note: 'CITY WATER settings will only allow air to blow through the water lines. It will not allow air to blow through the fresh water tank, or the water heater'. Now, how can that be so. If I connect water to the inlet and water enters the water heater then why does air enter the water heater when I connect air to the inlet?
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #2

First, there is a WH bypass not sure of the location in your rig however. Secondly if you drained the WH it should allow air to pass through.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #3

Thanks for your input but I have not been able to locate any HWH bypass valves on this model Pinnacle and there are none on the back side of the HWH. After draining the HWH, I am not getting air through it. I have sent an email to Jayco Customer Services to try to get clarification.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #4

You may have to change some of the settings in the docking station. If you have it set to "Power Fill" it should blow the lines out to the Fresh Tank. I know that setting it to "Winterize" it automatically bypasses the HWH.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:13 AM   #5

Bgely at the fresh water input reverse the screen so that the pointed end of the screen points inward. This releases the check valve and allows anti freeze and aid to the hw faucets
onebigtrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #6

Our WH bypass is right on our uni-Dock...valves just behind the hose;

Have you looked in your manuals for help?

Click for Online manual for Pinnacle

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #7

Thanks, I check the screen orientation.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #8

That was the setup on our 2010 Designer but the 2016 Pinnacle is completely different.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:23 PM   #9

This is what ours looks like in our 2016 Pinnacle
Attached Thumbnails
REQS Water Connection.jpg  

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:14 PM   #10

Yes, that is the same as the panel on my Pinnacle. I have 2 Jayco dealerships baffled at the fact that I don't get any air or water to the HWH or HW faucets when my panel is lined up for City Water. Talked to the factory rep and he also has no ideas. My local Jayco dealer doesn't want to service it now because of the cold weather. He don't want to put water on the trailer to check it and then have to winterize it. I'm going to contact the factory again. Have new 5th wheel and can't use it.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #11

Bummer...You would think Jayco's rep could figure it out
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #12

What makes no sense is that if you're set to city and you get water into the WH and haven't changed any settings that no air will go into the WH. I am going to ask a crazy question, but are you sure you were hooked to the WHITE hose connection and not the black one? There is absolutely no reason if you were running water and disconnected the water hose and hooked up air that it wouldn't come out. Just makes no sense.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #13

Hey Mike, I cannot get water or air into the WH with the Uni-Dock set to City Water and yes, connected to the white hose connection. You are correct, it does not make sense. I contacted the local Jayco Dealer to schedule an appointment for them to troubleshoot what is going on but they don't seem to want to look at it anytime soon as he would not give me a schedule date. I think they don't want to put water on it to find the issue and then have to get the water out should we have below freezing weather. I have again contacted the factory service folks for assistance. More to come.....
Old 12-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #14

No Hot Water in new 2016 Pinnacle

AH HA! I found the problem with not having water to the HWH or HW faucets when my panel is lined up for City Water. I removed the side panel in the storage compartment to gain access to the back of the Uni-Dock Panel and found 3 water lines with kinks in the lines. Two of the 3 lines that were kinked, completely collapsed the hoses. I have attached a picture of the supply line to the HW Heater. That is the reason I was not getting water in the HW side of my Pinnacle. I have a service date now scheduled with the local Jayco Dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Kinks in Pinnacle Water Lines.jpg  
Old 11-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
AH HA! I found the problem with not having water to the HWH or HW faucets when my panel is lined up for City Water. I removed the side panel in the storage compartment to gain access to the back of the Uni-Dock Panel and found 3 water lines with kinks in the lines. Two of the 3 lines that were kinked, completely collapsed the hoses. I have attached a picture of the supply line to the HW Heater. That is the reason I was not getting water in the HW side of my Pinnacle. I have a service date now scheduled with the local Jayco Dealer.
I have a simular problem and will check behing the panel to see if this is my problem. Also nothing goes in useing the winterization setting with Pinnicle Pump or Hand Pump.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pinnacle 36 rsqs, winterize, winterizing