Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2023, 08:14 AM   #1

Need Advice!

I have a new to me 2016 Seneca 37HJ. First of all, the stock Jensen radio/navigation system is pure junk as it does just what it wants to and needs replacing. Any advice for a similar sound system that actually works?
Secondly, I'm not sure why Jayco didn't install a privacy shade over the walk-in door window, but...I went out at night and checked--yep you can see right in. Yikes! Any advice on a good privacy covering?
I also need sun protection/privacy shades for the front and side doors in front. I would like something you can't see into and keeps it cooler. Ideas? Do they make the shiny silver ones you put up in the inside? Or is an outside cover better?
Thank you for any information.
torilynn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 08:32 AM   #2

here is a thread about the JRV215N... why it gets killed but may be able to resurrect.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tem-90835.html

As far as the cab window coverings... we took to the Home Depot silver bubble insulation and cut it ourselves to fit the inside of the cab windows. After our experience with the exterior covers in the rain/wind, we dumped them for something we can remove in bad weather.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 08:50 AM   #3

X2 on Reflectix foil faced bubble wrap is great. We use it to prevent fading in off season and for insulation/heat reflection while traveling. One roll has lasted for years.
Also, added velcro dots and used it to block shower sun dome.

Works great to keep out annoying head lights at night or street lights to help with sleep. Rv is cool after traveling all day in harsh sun and actually did a good job of using less furnace in snowy nights at Great Sand Dunes.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 08:59 AM   #4

We bought a used 2018 Alante 29S. The Infotainment system would not work correctly. It had several annoying issues. Since we bought it in 2021, it was for years old. 50 software updates later, it works perfectly. Reminds me I better update it again! Best wishes.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 09:25 AM   #5
Site Team

We use Reflectix for many things in our camper. I have cut to fit many areas and lined the edges with white duct tape. We are finding that the Reflectex we purchased gets worn from use and exposure to sunlight and after a few years of installing and removing, it starts to flake off some.

It is not expensive to make new ones as they wear out because they are effective for keeping us cool inside.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 01:59 PM   #6

Just Google M2 cab Shades and you can buy the canvas covers that are magnetic then buy you the reflective bubble cut them to size and double it up
Cornpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 02:00 PM   #7

Lippert makes a cut to size shade that attaches easily the entry door window
Cornpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 03:50 PM   #8

I used reflectix in the old Forest River 25RK HOS. It had single pane, clear glass that created a horrible greenhouse effect in the hooch. I just removed four screws per window, cut the reflectix to fit, put the screws back in to hold it in place. It dropped the temps dramatically. Additionaly blocked the skylights, the pyrometer was reading 135 f.
patrickdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 06:50 PM   #9

As far as the door shade I have been very happy with the unit from MCD I installed. Stores on the screen door, raises and hooks when you want privacy.
https://mcdinnovations.com/screen-door-pull-up-shade

For the cab I use the Heat Shield covers. Use suction cups to attach to side windows and the sun visors hold the windshield piece in place.
https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-...m2-cab-special
Attached Thumbnails
MCD screen door shade open and closed.jpg   20220711_172240 (1).jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
...For the cab I use the Heat Shield covers. Use suction cups to attach to side windows and the sun visors hold the windshield piece in place.
https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-...m2-cab-special
Heat Shield covers work very well.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 10:43 AM   #11

I ordered some reflective shades for the front windshield and 2 side windows for the front cab of my class c. They are made exactly for my Ford E450 cab and work and fit perfectly. Ordered from Weather Tech. I was tired of the flimsy ones. They stay firmly in place.
RegMar is offline   Reply With Quote