Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #1

Eagle 284BHOK thead

Hello from Upstate NY! I don't see a thread dedicated to this specific model, so maybe this can become a running owner conversation about recommendations/issues/experiences...?

Ours is a 2022 with an uncommon layout:

1. "Party couches." This is not in the brochure or on the website, and the only dealer I have found offering this on 'the interwebs' is in Alabama. Dual couches with in-floor tables. The larger one converts to a bed, and the smaller one (in front of the tv) reclines. Together, they seat 5 adults on one side, and 3 on the other if you needed to with folding chairs (we don't). We fell in love with this layout once we saw pics, so we drove to AL to get it.
2. "Craftman" interior. "Farmhouse" is also nice, but this one was the winner for us.
3. 16" wheels. Sits just a little higher but tows like a dream.

It also has auto-level (wow, this is handy), dual-paned frameless windows, dual A/Cs (which we dont need in NY, but this one shipped to AL), and a king bed.

All good so far but Im sure I will have questions for the crowd soon.

- STE
Torklift Stable Loads
Thule Range 4 bike rack
Sam_The_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 11:33 AM   #2

Sam_The_Eagle

Didn’t even know that was an option either! Would love to see some pics of the interior layout after you pick it up. We’ve already bought ours, but would still be neat to see….
airski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:38 PM   #3

Hey Sam,
Sounds like you’ve got a nice rig! Do you have the Dometic 12 volt 10cu ft refrigerator?
We picked ours up on St Patrick’s Day, tomorrow we depart for the maiden voyage.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Keithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:39 AM   #4

Ours does have a 12V fridge, but it's Furrion, not Dometic. I did see one with that Dometic at another dealer...it stood out because on those they have stainless doors instead of cabinet panels. I presume they are about the same in terms of operation.

If I had ordered this camper I would have specified gas/electric. But after seeing how much bigger it is inside, and how well it cools, it doesnt bother me, even though I know it's going ti cost a pretty penny to upgrade to lithium batteries sufficiwnt to run the sucker. We have 380w of factory installed panels on the roof...which likely only amounts to 3-4 days max boondocking, even if I went with 200ah x 2.

Still invesigating...
Torklift Stable Loads
Thule Range 4 bike rack
Old 05-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #5

Hey, I posted this on another thread, but I'll ask here also. Since we're taking apples to apples lol. Is anyone elses fresh water fill from the city hook-up slower than molasses in January? Not sure if I have an issue with the line, as my water pump doesn't seem to pull water well. Low volume and takes a bit to built pressure to off.
Peter284bhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:17 AM   #6

There is a Social Group page that you can search by model and if not found create one:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/g...nd+models.html
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:20 AM   #7

This thread is for 2022 284bhok's..which is exactly what I have. So assumed a general question might get answered ��
Old 05-16-2022, 10:08 PM   #8

284BHOK owner here. Glad I found this. Going to be adding solar. I bought mine second hand. It’s a 2020. Previous owner left winegard, ice maker, two extra tvs, second Ac, and upgraded to king mattress!!

Love the interior and glad mine has the gas/electric fridge. Wife loves the big shower : )
Joeyd3713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyd3713 View Post
284BHOK owner here. Glad I found this. Going to be adding solar. I bought mine second hand. It’s a 2020. Previous owner left winegard, ice maker, two extra tvs, second Ac, and upgraded to king mattress!!

Love the interior and glad mine has the gas/electric fridge. Wife loves the big shower : )
Yes, nice big shower/bath room. Only thing my doesn't like is the high bed lol, 2022 got away from the drop frame, so in order to keep the tall pass thru compartment they raised the bed..

If equipped, your roof top solar and battery wires terminate in the front compartment, behind the wet bay. There's a panel there to access the Jay command brains.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:40 AM   #10

Yea, the bed is ridiculously...unnaturally high. I love everything else, but the bed position for anyone under 6ft tall is crazy. My 5'4" wife has to climb up like a child.

And what I dont really get about not using the droo frame is...this is neither a cost conscious, or weight conscious rv. IMHO, the length and weight of this thing mean that even if someone has a 1/2 ton that "by the numbers" could actually, legally tow this thing...as a practical matter, they shouldn't. 10k of 11ft high/35ft "thing" is nothing like the 10k of open trailer/boat that the manufacturers are winking at when they extoll the virtues of their magical 1/2 ton.

So is the weight jumps to over 10k, it wouldnt really matter, because 3/4 or better trucks can easily handly the uptick
- STE
Torklift Stable Loads
Thule Range 4 bike rack
Old 05-17-2022, 10:08 AM   #11

…haven’t filled the fresh water tank yet. We are out on our first trip with the 2022 28bhok. So far, surprisingly no real issues! Very happy about that. City hookups now. Hopefully the fresh water fill wont be too slow when we try that.

…the bed! Lol, first thing this morning I was trying to be extra quiet as I got up to make the coffee. Didn’t want to wake the Mrs. Forgot about how far up it was, and nearly fell all the way to the floor. Yeah, she woke up. It got the heart pounding for sure. …won’t let that happen again.
airski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:45 AM   #12

So setting aside our initial trip north from Alabama to New York and camping two nights along the way, Memorial Day weekend was our first real outing...Thurs through Mon.

Our new 284BHOK was fantastic! It already towed well behind my 2500 HD on that first 1,100 mile trip home, but I could feel some bucking on poor areas of highway so I added Torklift Stable Loads (installed in 1 hour) and they make a difference. In fact, they dont even engage without weight back there, so I dont think I even need to disengage them when not towing.

The Equal-i-zer WDH is just as good as everybody says it is...simple and strong.

The camper itself was great, made good use of both inside and outside kitchen. And when it rained one day we had a blast playing games inside...the party couch setup is IDEAL...Jayco should offer it as a standard option.

Our only complaint is the height of the bed, as mentioned above on this thread, and the lack of paper towel racks in both kitchens. These are a must, and I dont love that I am now going to have to figure out the best drill points for these.

The Furrion 12V fridge stays legit cold, with more than anough food for 6 people.

I am struggling to keep the TPMS things sync'd. So any tips on that would be great.

STE
Torklift Stable Loads
Thule Range 4 bike rack
Old 06-03-2022, 09:16 AM   #13

Just an update on my fresh water fill, the fill/suction line was in fact pinched flat between the metal frame and wood floor framing. All fixed up and fills as it should.