Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #1

Hot water bypass on Ex-Port 17 C

I just picked up my 2010 Jayco Ex-Port 17C and I am looking for confirmation on were the hot water bypass valves are. There is a small cabinet to the right of the heater on the floor that has two small valves - I am guessing these are them - if not what are they, and/or what position should they be in?

This is one area the manual does not cover from what I can see.

Thanks for any light someone can put on the subject.

Trey
trey00h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #2

Trey,

I just got a the Jayco Exp 19h and my hot water bypass is under one of my benches at the table. It will look kind of like an I.

Look on the outside of your camper and locate where your water heater igniter and relieve valve is located. It should be pretty close to that spot on the inside of the camper.

Not sure if I am making any sense or not, but I had to locate mine this weekend as we took ours out for its first full time camping weekend.

Good luck, hope you enjoy all it has to offer.

Peter
prooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prooney View Post
Trey,

I just got a the Jayco Exp 19h and my hot water bypass is under one of my benches at the table. It will look kind of like an I.

Look on the outside of your camper and locate where your water heater igniter and relieve valve is located. It should be pretty close to that spot on the inside of the camper.

Not sure if I am making any sense or not, but I had to locate mine this weekend as we took ours out for its first full time camping weekend.

Good luck, hope you enjoy all it has to offer.

Peter
Thanks Peter - I think I found it, there are two small valves, about 4" apart in a small cabinet right about the water heater. They must be it, but I will verify this weekend.
trey00h is offline   Reply With Quote