Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2021, 02:24 PM   #1

Insignia tv sound to Furrion stereo

This is probably in here somewhere, but I am new here and have not been able to locate an answer. I just purchased a new 2021 Jay Feather 27BHB (love it). We took it out this last weekend for the first time. It was pretty hot where we were camping so decided to go inside turn the air on and watch a movie. I set up a DVD player and everything worked find except … the sound was difficult to hear over the air. I searched and searched through all the settings to see if there was a way to have the sound from the TV come out of the Stereo speakers and was unsuccessful. If anyone has experience with this set up and knows if/how it can be accomplished I would appreciate any direction/experience that can be given.

TIA for the help!
Pammuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:34 PM   #2

Sound of silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammuela View Post
This is probably in here somewhere, but I am new here and have not been able to locate an answer. I just purchased a new 2021 Jay Feather 27BHB (love it). We took it out this last weekend for the first time. It was pretty hot where we were camping so decided to go inside turn the air on and watch a movie. I set up a DVD player and everything worked find except … the sound was difficult to hear over the air. I searched and searched through all the settings to see if there was a way to have the sound from the TV come out of the Stereo speakers and was unsuccessful. If anyone has experience with this set up and knows if/how it can be accomplished I would appreciate any direction/experience that can be given.

TIA for the help!

Not familiar with your setup so I can only generalize. Our brand new 5er had no sound from the stereo. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Display showed AM, FM, and other settings. After messing with it awhile I knew something wasn't right. I removed it from the wall and 2 wires were plugged in wrong on the back of the sound system from the factory.

Also, I think there are settings somewhere that allow your TV to connect to the sound system through the HDMI cable. Look for HDMI ARC.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:25 AM   #3

FYI not all TVs have HDMI plugs that send out sound/image (the HDMI ARC plug). Many only receive sound/image (regular HDMI plug). Our campers Insignia TV is that way. So I could plug a DVD play into it to see the sound/image using HDMI, but since I don't have HDMI ARC capability on my TV, I cannot connect it to a stereo or soundbar.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #4

I have tried to achieve the same thing in my 28BHS. Not sure if the hardware is exactly the same but overall structure sounds the same. First a question: Why did you have to setup a DVD player? Does your head unit not play DVDs already? My trailer came with a Furrion TV and iRV head unit that also plays DVDs. When I play the DVDs in the iRV the audio comes through the trailers speaker system, inside and outside depending on which speakers I have turned on. So if you are watching DVDs you should be able to do the same.

For me I also have a lot of Blu-rays and the iRV won't play them so I bought a small external Blu-Ray player to play those discs. I have it connected to the Furrion TV via HDMI. So I can watch these movies on the TV but must use the TV built in speakers for audio. In my case there is no way to get audio out from either the TV or the Blu-ray player into the iRV head unit to get audio through the trailer speaker system. That said I have not pulled the head unit out so there may yet be a way to MacGyver it in there.
Tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
I have tried to achieve the same thing in my 28BHS. Not sure if the hardware is exactly the same but overall structure sounds the same. First a question: Why did you have to setup a DVD player? Does your head unit not play DVDs already? My trailer came with a Furrion TV and iRV head unit that also plays DVDs. When I play the DVDs in the iRV the audio comes through the trailers speaker system, inside and outside depending on which speakers I have turned on. So if you are watching DVDs you should be able to do the same.

For me I also have a lot of Blu-rays and the iRV won't play them so I bought a small external Blu-Ray player to play those discs. I have it connected to the Furrion TV via HDMI. So I can watch these movies on the TV but must use the TV built in speakers for audio. In my case there is no way to get audio out from either the TV or the Blu-ray player into the iRV head unit to get audio through the trailer speaker system. That said I have not pulled the head unit out so there may yet be a way to MacGyver it in there.
Not all iRV stereos are able to play DVDs. Mine does not. It's one of the small square ones that is not even wide enough to have a DVD slot.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post

My 28bhs came with a hdmi cable from the tv to the back of the iRV-62 unit (I peeked). So if I want I can play my tv thru the iRV-62 by changing the input on the iRV-62.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote