Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2019, 07:01 PM   #1

Jayco 284bhok

I’m thinking of buying a new 2019-2020 284BHOK with farm house interior great looking trailer cool new features, anyone know anything about these? I looks like a next level trailer to me. I currently have a jayco 28DSBH love it except for the bedroom to short for me, 6 years of sleeping crunched up is over, need a walk around bed,
Camp david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:06 AM   #2

looks nice

While I have never seen one of these in person, I love the layout from the website!!
I especially like the extra room in the bathroom (compared to my 27BHS TT) and the Television, couch and dining setup!
This trailer would work great for me and my family as well!
Good luck with your new purchase!

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #3

2019 Jayco Eagle HT 284BHOK - We love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp david View Post
I’m thinking of buying a new 2019-2020 284BHOK with farm house interior great looking trailer cool new features, anyone know anything about these? I looks like a next level trailer to me. I currently have a jayco 28DSBH love it except for the bedroom to short for me, 6 years of sleeping crunched up is over, need a walk around bed,
Camp David,
We did buy the 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 284 BHOK and we love it! This is our second Jayco travel trailer and we just returned from our first trip (a close 2 day shakedown at Huntsville State Park, just north of Houston). The overall look of the trailer is outstanding and there is plenty of storage, nice wood cabinets, bathroom is a nice size and we just generally feel good about the purchase. A couple of things that were a a bit disappointing: we changed out the mattress for an 8 inch gel foam mattress from www.mattressinsider.com - definitely an upgrade from the factory supplied Simmons 7 inch. The other thing I didn't think added a lot of value was the gas grill in the outdoor kitchen. Too close to the door and under the awning so cooking odors go right in the door of the trailer. It's pretty small and kind of a pain to clean. We will probably invest in a Blackstone as some point. Good luck with your decision!
aurora3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #4

DVD player

We just bought the 284BKOH to replace our 28DSBH now time to sell the old 2013 model. I have one question the dealership couldn’t answer (for some odd reason) is the DVD player blue tooth? If not, WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH JAYCO? Upgrade the whole thing but that? Anyway just asking. I haven’t picked the new one yet cuz I need my current rental storage space so I need to sell the old one first. In west Texas I can get close to $20,000 I hope!
Old 05-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #5

Not bluetooth but blue ray? Sorry for the typo!
Old 05-04-2019, 08:10 PM   #6

I bought it today and it’s awesome, highly recommended, replace the mattress and you are good to go!
Old 05-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #7

DVD is not Blu-ray.
aurora3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:16 PM   #8

Roger that thanks
Old 05-05-2019, 06:32 AM   #9

Post some pics when you can!

We custom ordered our 2018 Jay Flight version of this floor plan which is the 28BHS with nearly all the available options including the fiberglass siding/frameless windows.

Eagle put their finishing touches on the floor plan and released for 2019 so it wasn’t available when we ordered ours in Sept. 2017. It looks really nice and has a few features I would have liked to have. Such as the storage over the microwave, cabinet in the top bunk, bunk ladder with flat rungs, window in the bathroom, etc. it’s a great layout and seems very spacious inside.

The very first thing we did was replace the mattress with a 8” memory foam. Took the factory mattress out still in the bag and sold it. We had 10” memory foam mattress in our 26BH that we really liked. It was a short queen so we couldn’t transfer it over. I think the 10” was a bit more comfortable but it was a lot heavier and the struts had a hard time holding it up when accessing the pass though storage underneath.

Enjoy your new rig and Happy Camping!!!!
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote