Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #1

New 2020 Model year updates

I will be purchasing a new Jayco 330RSTS this year (late spring/early summer). I wanted to see if there is any word yet on new additions/updates for the 2020 model year? I would hate to put an order in and then miss some new option or addition that I wanted to have.
Sbrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #2

In my case on my 19 I didn’t know for sure until I looked at the actual build order sheet in July... I ordered things on mine that the dealer didn’t know about. The good thing about jayco you can order a unit with stuff that you can get on the larger units like 50.amp
rarobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:30 AM   #3

No word yet that I have seen.

In the past, the new option/order sheets have been leaking out around this time but from a couple of comments I have seen elsewhere from those "in the know" (reliable sources of info in the past), Jayco is going to push their model changeover from the spring to the fall for 2020 which aligns more with the rest of the industry.

Whether that will also delay the release of the build/order sheets and accordingly, option and floorplan changes hasn't been mentioned yet.

I guess time will tell if this is actually the case but right now, I have no reason to doubt the comments regarding this.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #4

They need to go back to the 48" one piece fiberglass shower on the 2018 Pinnacle models instead of the 60" walk-in with the half wall. We liked the now lost space for storing towels, TP etc.

2017 RAM3500 CCLB 4x4 CTD Aisin dually

security detachment... 7 year old beagle
DIRTFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #5

I agree Dirtft. I would sacrifice some of the shower width for extra storage for linens, TP, etc.
Rarobo-
I asked a dealer about some options I would like and I was told no Jayco does not usually do any options that are not on the list. I asked about MCD roller shades, max vent fan, slide toppers. I figured they would do those options since they are on other Jayco RV’s.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrunk View Post
I asked a dealer about some options I would like and I was told no Jayco does not usually do any options that are not on the list. I asked about MCD roller shades, max vent fan, slide toppers. I figured they would do those options since they are on other Jayco RV’s.
I wanted slide toppers on our 2017 Eagle 330RSTS and I asked him if Jayco would be able to install them from the factory. He told me no since they weren't listed on the order sheet. So we went ahead and ordered our unit with the understanding that our dealer would install all 3 of them post delivery for a cost of about 2 grand.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I ran across a dealer website in Pa. that had my exact same trailer in stock and along with the pictures of the unit, they posted a copy of the factory invoice. There in black and white was a line item for 3 slide toppers installed from the factory for a total of 475.00!!!

Needless to say, I emailed a copy of that invoice along with the other dealer's name and website address to prove what I had found and told them to immediately call Jayco and have them added to my order as well as order their number crunchers to rework the sales paperwork to reflect the difference. He wasn't a "happy camper" afterwards and of course, he played it off as "In all my years of selling Jayco's, I never knew they would do such things". Yeah, ok, whatever.

So at least there used to be some items that Jayco will custom add on request. The biggest problem is finding out which items are on these hidden "pink lists". Good Luck!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #7

Very sneaky! I’m glad you caught it before it was too late and paid 4x as much! Good info to know, I will do some investigating as well by looking at other trailers and hopefully can come across a factory order list with one or more of those options I want. I heard the same thing from the dealer that they could install those very options for me once it came in lol. Not so fast now, I’m going to look around for a while!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:52 PM   #8

The max air fan is on the option list, slide topper was put on at dealer, maybe I worded it wrong I order the bal 5.1 stabilizing system ( not auto level) was first one the dealer received with this option. Shades are not on list
Old 03-20-2019, 01:15 PM   #9

So the Bal 5.1 stabilizing system is the same as the auto level but you manually put the 4 jacks down? The 7.3 auto level is no longer an option which I’m bummed about and no information is available about what their current “auto level” option entails. Maybe someone here will have insight on what the current auto level is?
Old 03-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #10

When i ordered my 2018 eagle HT 29.5 bhds I was spoke to the factory rep because I needed the trailer earlier than they could deliver. They not only found a dealer willing to trade for a later date they offered to put the 2 slide toppers on and it was less than the one I had installed on my old trailer. I also got a 16" tire upgrade which was not listed as an option yet.
nynethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #11

That’s correct the stabilizers are lowered from the tongue jack, the front stabilizers have arms that lower with stabilizers, then you tighten nut when level , this was the only option on ‘19 whitehawks works great short of getting wheels off ground
Old 03-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #12

Just an FYI, Jayco can and will do special orders for items not normally on a unit. When I ordered my North Point 315, we wanted disk brakes and 8K axles with 17.5" wheels. Jayco engineered a special frame for this build so we could have the running gear we wanted. So the dealers just don't understand that special orders can be placed.
Ram Laramie 3500, asin, 4x4, DRW 4:10.
2018 NORTH POINT 315, 8K Axles,disk brakes and 17.5"
WayneTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
of course, he played it off as "In all my years of selling Jayco's, I never knew they would do such things". Yeah, ok, whatever.
Unfortunately, whether it be sales or warranty this is an all too often comment. In other words, dealer incompetence.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #14

Wow WayneTaylor, that’s one heck of a special order option you had there! I wish they would just create a list that they share with every dealer. That list will include all options available including most special order options, at least the more common special order options. I do much better when I can see something on paper!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #15

Our 2017 was built in April 2017. In May the changes on the 2018 models were very few, primarily different 'swoops' but it cost a few thousand more
Tdbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #16

March 1st, I ordered a new 2019 Seismic 4113. It rolled off the line this week...as a 2020. Same price, because we had already signed and put money down. No difference between the two, except for the better warranty offered in 2020. We lucked out there.
Attached Thumbnails
20190301_140956.jpg   Screenshot_20190510-064234_Facebook.jpg  
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #17

My fiance and I learned from the Jayco main office that the Jay Flight 29RLDS has been discontinued. No 2020 models of the 29RLDS will be manufactured. The Jayco rep said a similar model will be introduced in 2020, but the interior will be reconfigured. The 2019 and older models have dual recliners in the rear, surrounded by windows -- including a large panoramic window in the back -- but the new model will have the kitchen in the rear.
JoAnneMB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #18

2020 model

We just ordered our 330rsts and it should come off the line this month. We ordered because we could not find 1 that had all the options we wanted. I saw where someone posted about slide toppers, well I called my dealer and he called Jayco and they are adding the toppers for 600.00. That is a great option and price. Don't know if there are many changes from 19 to 20 , we went by the option sheet my dealer had. I think we got every option except double pane and Canadian insulation and king bed.
Dannie0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
March 1st, I ordered a new 2019 Seismic 4113. It rolled off the line this week...as a 2020. Same price, because we had already signed and put money down. No difference between the two, except for the better warranty offered in 2020. We lucked out there.

After receiving it, the 2020 has the MorRyde steps at the main entry door. It also has three Coleman Mach 10 15kBTU air conditioners, all with soft start. We ran all 3, plus several other things, for 2.5 hours with our 5500w generator. Not even a hiccup.
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote