Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #31

You reminded me

Usmc616 we also have the tank flush and electric jack. Both have xome in handy. I am going to be following this thread and sharing findings with Rocky, your mods are some that we could use. I'm sure others also have done some great ones as well!

2008 (40th Anniversary) Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 F250 XLT Extended Cab 6.2L

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig
dorayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #32

I just ordered a fan for the fridge as my next mod. I also placed hooks in the front pass through storage so I have somewhere to put my w/d bars when not towing.

2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #33

I didn't know that the black tank flush was an option, otherwise I would have definitely gotten it. I'm planning on adding an electric jack, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I did add a toolbox to the front of the trailer though which has given me a great spot to keep all of the necessary items for actually trailering... WD bars when not in use, a jack for chaning tires, tools, x chocks, etc.

I have also added a third set of stabilizing jacks just in front of the axle, and the Steadyfast system to help take the movement out of the trailer. I plan on adding a couple of vent covers before our next trip.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasA&M View Post
I didn't know that the black tank flush was an option, otherwise I would have definitely gotten it. I'm planning on adding an electric jack, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I did add a toolbox to the front of the trailer though which has given me a great spot to keep all of the necessary items for actually trailering... WD bars when not in use, a jack for chaning tires, tools, x chocks, etc.

I have also added a third set of stabilizing jacks just in front of the axle, and the Steadyfast system to help take the movement out of the trailer. I plan on adding a couple of vent covers before our next trip.
Can you post pics of your additional stabilizers? I thought about doing that.

Do you think that the Steadyfast system by itself would do the trick, or would you recommend the additional jacks as well?

Thanks,
joe_n_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #35

Quote:

I would like to see how you added the tool box. Seems like there is never enough storage room.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #36

I've been meaning to get some better pictures of the toolbox, but these are the best that I have right now. I had to move the propane tanks forward about an inch so that the box would fit. Other brands may fit better, but this was one of the widest (72") that I could find locally, so that is what I went with. I also couldn't use the hard tank cover anymore because the tanks are too close to the jack, so I got a soft cover that fits well.

As for the Steadyfast, I don't have any pictures, but here is the site -

www.steadyfast.com

Lots of good information and the owner is very responsive to questions. I would recommend it for any trailer. I am not positive how much difference the third set of stabilizers make, but I do feel better having them (it's probably all in my head) since this is such a long trailer. I figure that I've done almost everything that I can do to eliminate the trailer wiggle at this point, so it was worth it. They only add about 30 seconds to the set up/tear down process, so they are easy as well.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #37

Quote:

I had the dealer call Jayco when we were ordering the new TT, it was only $187.00 more for the black tank flush.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #38

Texas A&M - What kind of cover is that, and how do you like it? We are thinking of getting a cover but I heard they don't last very long in the Phoenix, AZ sun.

How bad is it to put on and take off?
joe_n_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #39

It's an Adco cover. I like it quite a bit... the reason I got it was for the Texas sun (65 days and counting over 100 degrees this year). So far so good.

I can put it on and take it off in about 15 minutes by myself. The idea is that it will keep the trailer looking new for much longer than if it wasn't covered. I can't afford a covered storage spot, so this is the next best thing. You do need to be careful of any sharp edges on the trailer. I thought I had them all covered up and then found several holes in the cover after a particularly windy winter. I patched them up though (patch kits are free for the first two or three years of the cover) and haven't noticed any other issues.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #40

Does anybody have any great solutions for storage in the bunkhouse? We have 3 littles and though their clothes don't take up much room, we do bring along quite a few toys. I like giving them each their own space, it cuts down on arguments and makes my life saner.
I currently use 2 sterelite 3 drawer stacks side by side under the picture window. One for clothes, one for toys. I would like something more discrete and less plastic. I was thinking of putting hanging closet organizers from IKEA in the closet because we RARELY need hanging clothes but I wondered how they would hold up to kid's usage, and storage ottomans for the toys which would also provide seating for the bunkhouse and family movie night. I haven't committed though and was wondering if anybody else had a great solution for kids clothes and toys in the bunkhouse.
This is our current set up:

please excuse the mess, this picture is the day after Christmas

2008 (40th Anniversary) Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 F250 XLT Extended Cab 6.2L

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig
dorayme is offline   Reply With Quote