Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #11

Great info everyone! i will be getting some soon and putting them on. Its nice to get others opinions about products they use and trust.

MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #12

I only have one roof vent and I bought a Camco vent cover from the dealer when we picked it up. We had vent covers on our previous TT and loved them. I installed the vent cover myself and it took about 20 minutes to do. Now that I know how to do it, I could knock it down to under 10 minutes installation.

redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #13

I recently installed a Fantastic Vent fan. Did not put a cover over it since I don't intend to use it very much. There are basically two companies making these fans and vents. MaxxAir and Fantastic. Use the cover made by the brand of your fan. Got mine from CW and was going to let them install it, but upon discovering that their labor charge is $120 per hour decided to do it myself.

Welcome to JOF!
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
I use MaxxAir II. Love them. Chose the II over originals because the II can hinge open after installation if you need to get to the vent for cleaning.

I think function is more important than brand, how ever MaxxAir are proven and with a few minutes web search they can be had about as low in cost as any.

Installation is DIY and took ~15-20 min per vent.
Plus they come in different colors, you can get smoked ones for bedroom vents to keep some light out.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #15

I got the Maxx Air 850s from Amazon. They also hinge open if needed.

http://www.amazon.com/MaxxAir-850-Wh...s=maxxair+vent
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk 96 View Post
I recently installed a Fantastic Vent fan. Did not put a cover over it since I don't intend to use it very much. There are basically two companies making these fans and vents. MaxxAir and Fantastic. Use the cover made by the brand of your fan. Got mine from CW and was going to let them install it, but upon discovering that their labor charge is $120 per hour decided to do it myself.

Welcome to JOF!
X2 on Fantastic. I installed the Fantastic Fan and also the Fantastic Vent. Easy to take the vent off by pulling 4 locking pins. I pretty much leave the vent open and have had no rain or bug issues. Love the fan, especially the thermostat....keeps the TT at more constant temp and draws out kitchen smoke, odors, etc. when needed.
Happy RVing,
Jeff
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #17

I have the Camco vent covers because I got them at such a great price. Something like $5.99 each. The store was clearing out their RV stock. They were simple to install. No metter what brand or style you choose they are worth every penny on a rainy day.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk 96 View Post

Welcome to JOF!
Think you just went with a half baked cake. The fan is a wonderful add, and regardless of how often it is used, you need a vent cover. One reason is that while you are up there installing the fan, you add less than an hour to also install the vent cover. Vent cover will protect you if you forget and leave the fan/vent open and it rains. In anyregard, its not too late to finish this mod. but now you'll have to get the ladders out again.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote