Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2022, 06:50 PM   #1

Shear pin replacement electric stabilizer.

2015 Jayco White Hawk 27RBOK Summit Edition

The shear pin has broken on the motorized rear stabilizer jack. This has happened twice before, despite not normally letting the jack hit the auto stop. I've used nails and bits of stiff wire as substitutes for an actual shear pin, though the last time I had a full maintenance done he did replace my bit of wire with a pin of some sort

My question is, does anyone have a hack for lining up the hole on the screw rod, that raises and lowers the arms, to the hole in the cylinder on the motor shaft that the screw rod goes in to so as to turn the rod?

All I've been able to do in the past is to keep bumping the switch but the motor rotates the shaft like whole turns and a bit before stopping. And you have to find the hole on the screw rod but I can rotate that by pushing on the stabilizer arm itself. Once they're lined up you just stick your pin, nail, wire, nose ring (delete where applicable) and your good. Getting the holes lined up has been tedious trial and error taking 20-30 minutes. Drives my mind loco.

I talked to an repair guy at Camping World. His response? "It's a nightmare. I fight it all the time." "Nooooo", says I. "Now I will remain sad."
StevePowerTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 08:45 PM   #2

If yours is like mine, there’s a roll pin in the end of the rod opposite the motor. It’s there so that you can manually raise the jack if the motor fails. There’s a special wrench that engages the roll pin to turn the rod. Could you turn the rod from there to line up the holes?
nfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:15 PM   #3

Thanks. I did not know that. Yes, there is a shaft on the opposite side that has a fitting to manually turn. The wrench supplied with the trailer that can manually move the slide out has notches which I suspect is for the job on the stabilizer as well. Haven't tried to see if it does in fact fit. Too hot. Been hiding inside with the a/c. It would make it a two person job. Get my wife to turn the crank while I'm underneath. Hope has returned!
StevePowerTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #4
Site Team

The roll
Pin is shearing?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote