Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2018, 05:42 PM   #1

The next chapter...

So we didn't have any trips planned in the foreseeable future. The kiddos were beginning to outgrow our current setup. We (DW and I) made the decision to put our beloved Jayco up for sale. I posted on Craigslist on Friday evening at 7pm. Sold it Saturday morning at 930am! We're going to apply that money to our home and should have it paid for by September! We're going to be completely "Debt FREE"! Thanks Dave Ramsey!

Anyways, with the house paid for and off our backs, it'll be time to find our next Jayco. The current wishlist: We have 3 kids, and 11 year old boy and twin girls, 8 years old. We would like, at least triple bunks, if not quads. I want a large outdoor kitchen. DW would like an island in the kitchen. It looks like the 33RBTS fits the bill. I'd appreciate any input from the community. Enlighten me or open my eyes to the possibilities! And..... Go!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercominhome View Post
So we didn't have any trips planned in the foreseeable future. The kiddos were beginning to outgrow our current setup. We (DW and I) made the decision to put our beloved Jayco up for sale. I posted on Craigslist on Friday evening at 7pm. Sold it Saturday morning at 930am! We're going to apply that money to our home and should have it paid for by September! We're going to be completely "Debt FREE"! Thanks Dave Ramsey!

Anyways, with the house paid for and off our backs, it'll be time to find our next Jayco. The current wishlist: We have 3 kids, and 11 year old boy and twin girls, 8 years old. We would like, at least triple bunks, if not quads. I want a large outdoor kitchen. DW would like an island in the kitchen. It looks like the 33RBTS fits the bill. I'd appreciate any input from the community. Enlighten me or open my eyes to the possibilities! And..... Go!
Sounds like a great choice if you have the truck to pull it.
Added after post - I saw you have an F 250 and it should do the job

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
Site Team

Best of luck in your search for the new rig! That's the fun part, especially when you don't have a deadline.

Everytime I sell something that quickly, I think, hmmmmm, maybe I priced to to low?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #4

Congratulations on getting your financial ducks in a row. A nice feeling - I can only imagine!

Our 32BHDS is close to the one that you are looking at in size and the 33RBTS should work well for the size of your family. I see that they are spec'ing the new model with a second grey tank and that is a great feature.

Your truck should be OK for the load but watch the tongue weight.

Enjoy!

Jeff

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #5

Quote:

Congrats on the almost debt free status. Kudos to you and Dave Ramsey. I listen to his radio show and no matter what situation you're currently in he can come up with a plan to help you get out of debt. It won't be painless (nothing worth doing is) but if you stick with his plan you'll get there.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #6

So I've found a 33RBTS on a dealer lot close to home. We actually went and looked at it 4 months ago to see if we actually liked that model. We did (and still do). We just weren't ready then to purchase and I told the salesman as much. He wanted to give me a "sale price" anyway at the time. The price he quoted then got the sticker down to the normal 30% off MSRP.

Fast forward until now. We've paid the house off and are ready to get another Jayco. The same dealer has the same unit still sitting on the lot (2018 model). I contacted the salesman about a week ago and asked what the end of season "clearance" price is now. He came down about $400 from the price in July. Still pretty much just the standard 30% off MSRP.

What do y'all think? Should I try to play ball with them and get the price down much more? They already have 2019's on the lot. You'd think they'd be ready to move this one out. Thoughts appreciated!
Old 11-06-2018, 05:40 PM   #7

I would price the same model at other dealers that are in a reasonable distance. If someone or several are lower go in and ask for a match price.

Are you set on new?? Maybe shop for a nice used one for a lot less and have the money to spend on kids, camping and retirement saving.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #8

Been looking for awhile. Just incredibly hard to find the model we want.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:47 PM   #9

Quote:
So I've found a 33RBTS on a dealer lot close to home. We actually went and looked at it 4 months ago to see if we actually liked that model. We did (and still do). We just weren't ready then to purchase and I told the salesman as much. He wanted to give me a "sale price" anyway at the time. The price he quoted then got the sticker down to the normal 30% off MSRP.

Fast forward until now. We've paid the house off and are ready to get another Jayco. The same dealer has the same unit still sitting on the lot (2018 model). I contacted the salesman about a week ago and asked what the end of season "clearance" price is now. He came down about $400 from the price in July. Still pretty much just the standard 30% off MSRP.

What do y'all think? Should I try to play ball with them and get the price down much more? They already have 2019's on the lot. You'd think they'd be ready to move this one out. Thoughts appreciated!
You have been patient for this long. Stick to 35% below MSRP. It may take a couple extra days but they'll take it.
sasiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:27 PM   #10

Look on RV Trader.com and see what the going prices are.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #11

Quote:

Congrats on being debt free. It opens up a whole new list of opportunities. We're working on getting there also. Enjoy the new chapter in your journey.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote