Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #1

Tv antenna booster/ campground cable

So last camp site had cable tv so I had to in hook some wires. Now I don’t remember what to do to go back to antenna. Trailer is wired for 2 tv. We just use one.
Click image for larger version

Name:	F7D30FD4-83A4-4F0B-A75F-DBC4AEAEA019.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	49106
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #2

Looks like you should connect the loose end of the coax to the connector under the TV power outlet, then push the antenna booster switch to on (red light should come on) to watch TV from your antenna.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilbert View Post
So last camp site had cable tv so I had to in hook some wires. Now I don’t remember what to do to go back to antenna. Trailer is wired for 2 tv. We just use one.
Attachment 49106
What I think that Jayco doesn't make very clear is that the pressing the power button for your antenna also acts a switch to choose between sending your TV's the coax cable connection from the outside OR sending your TV an amplified signal from your over the air antenna on the roof.

For my 32BHDS, the jumper wire that is loose in your picture belongs to the connection just under where the other end is connected to same double coax wall plate. That is the interface between my cable TV INPUT outside the trailer and it feeds to the back of the powered switch plate.

Here is how it is supposed to work with that jumper wired just below the other end:

1) With the antenna power button off, the signal from outside connection is passed to your TV's (in my case, the main living room TV, the bunkhouse, and outside)

2) With the antenna power button on, the antenna is powered , and that is the signal that is passed to all the TV's.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Coax Print.pdf (482.1 KB, 54 views)
LawnFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #4

Plug into the single F connector panel under the cigarette lighter plug. Then press the button to turn on the green light and power up the rooftop antenna.

Also just an FYI, my trailer came completely wired wrong. I had to fix all my connections.
SamDSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDSJ View Post
Plug into the single F connector panel under the cigarette lighter plug. Then press the button to turn on the green light and power up the rooftop antenna.

Also just an FYI, my trailer came completely wired wrong. I had to fix all my connections.
I did this the jumper wire is not hooked to anything. And the tv is hooked to the plate with the 12 v I get 4 ket channel at the breaks va park.
Thank you!
Old 04-27-2019, 06:38 AM   #6

They need some labels on those tv connection to tell you what they go to.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilbert View Post
They need some labels on those tv connection to tell you what they go to.
Yes indeed they do. I had to take mine all apart and tone out the lines to figure out which is which. Here’s the basic summary:

Outside you will have a cable/sat in connector. That is a home run (unsplit line) direct to the top connector of the double F connector panel. If you are using an outside satellite dish you would unscrew the top port and plug your satellite receiver into that port.

If you are plugged to park cable, you plug the jumper to both f connectors (the way it came new) and you will receive cable output on the 12v single F connector panel as well as the bedroom panel. In either of the last two setup I described you would NOT turn on the antenna booster.

If using the rooftop antenna it doesn’t matter what you do with the double F connector panel. Just plug TV into the single F connector panel and press the button to power it up (gives you a green light) and you have antenna signal at that panel and the bedroom panel.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:14 AM   #8

Also just an FYI - there’s no way to route a satellite signal to the bedroom panel unless you take apart both panels and wire the run going to the bedroom direct into the run coming from outside. Bad setup by Jayco.

I’ll try to post some pics and diagrams soon.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:23 AM   #9

Maybe this picture will make more sense than my description! These circuit diagrams do a poor job of showing how the antenna power plate switches between the signals.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture21.PNG  
Old 04-27-2019, 07:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Yes indeed they do. I had to take mine all apart and tone out the lines to figure out which is which. Here’s the basic summary:

Outside you will have a cable/sat in connector. That is a home run (unsplit line) direct to the top connector of the double F connector panel. If you are using an outside satellite dish you would unscrew the top port and plug your satellite receiver into that port.

If you are plugged to park cable, you plug the jumper to both f connectors (the way it came new) and you will receive cable output on the 12v single F connector panel as well as the bedroom panel. In either of the last two setup I described you would NOT turn on the antenna booster.

If using the rooftop antenna it doesn’t matter what you do with the double F connector panel. Just plug TV into the single F connector panel and press the button to power it up (gives you a green light) and you have antenna signal at that panel and the bedroom panel.
Thank you I’m going to print this out and tape it by the tv. I remember them explaining this to me a year ago when I got the camper but they crammed so much information into an hour my brain was mush after it.

Thank you again.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnFlamingo View Post
Maybe this picture will make more sense than my description! These circuit diagrams do a poor job of showing how the antenna power plate switches between the signals.

This sir is amazing and would have saved me hours with a toner. Where did you get such amazing factory diagrams?
Old 04-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #12

Quote:
This sir is amazing and would have saved me hours with a toner. Where did you get such amazing factory diagrams?
The Jayco service department, if you are patient, is good at providing the drawings of your travel travel if you e-mail. However, they are reluctant to give up the circuit diagrams for the electrical system if you are still under warranty. Did you see the PDF I attached on my first response?
Old 04-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnFlamingo View Post
The Jayco service department, if you are patient, is good at providing the drawings of your travel travel if you e-mail. However, they are reluctant to give up the circuit diagrams for the electrical system if you are still under warranty. Did you see the PDF I attached on my first response?
I did not. But I do now. Thank you so much.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:31 PM   #14
Site Team

Here is the Wingard setup instructions for RV's.

Hope they help!
Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Attached Thumbnails
Tv - Antenna-Cable Connections - Example 1.jpg   Tv - Antenna-Cable Connections - Example 2.jpg   Tv - Antenna-Cable Connections - Example 3.jpg   Tv - Antenna-Cable Connections - Operation.jpg  
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote