Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #1

Using Trailer with Slide Pulled In

I noticed that on my 2015 Jay Flight 26BHS, when the slide is pulled in, it is a few inches above the floor. Is it okay to sit on the sofa and use the dinette when it is like this? We hoped that in times when the slide could not be deployed, that we could still use the dinette and sofa. Thanks.

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #2

On our old rig a 2005 designer 31ft fifth wheel we used it quite often without putting out the slides . Sometimes we would leave from Michigan in the winter heading west and with frozen ice build up I was afraid of ripping the rubber seals off if I pull them out. Also just stopping for the night at Wally World or Cracker Barrel we would leave them in. We had the rig for nine years and never had a problem . Only thing I worried about at first was that the heater vents were half covered but that was not a problem the other two give plenty of flow and furnace operated just fine.our new rig the only thing I can access is the bathroom and bedroom without sliding the slides out . Not as convenient as the old rig.
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #3

No it's not OK because the dinette may slide out of the wall bracket and not be in alignment when the slide-out is extended. It's a good idea to add some support under the slide-out floor, then I would say " it's OK".

Go to "Jayco Problems and issues" and check " Dinette & Sofa pulling away from wall" it will show you what to do so you can use your dinette worry free when it's in.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #4

[QUOTE=Tunce the traveler;263829]It's a good idea to add some support under the slide-out floor.QUOTE]

That seems like a good idea. I can't see it hurting anything...

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
Site Team

We use ours often when stopping for a meal or such. We are very careful not to step on the inside edge. We have a larger fifth wheel and have never had a problem.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote