Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2018, 09:48 PM   #1

water and electric 2015 jay flight elite 267BHSW

bought my 2015 jay flight elite 267BHSW earlier this year and took it out for the first time this weekend.. couple questions for the group. brochure says it holds like 80 gallons.. we were out of water in 2 days. no showers, just washing hands and dishes conservatively. this is our second trailer so I kind of know what to expect. I assume there is only 1 water fill point? how can I confirm the tank size as the bottom is covered with insulation they put on from the factory. it says the elites get a additional fresh water tank with would make me think they are connected or have another fill point. trying to see if maybe there is something I did wrong. it seemed to take a long time to fill the water?

second question. the 12V charge point near the door is not working(USB charger) I pulled it and see its going onto a white and a grey wire. will check the USB thing tomorrow to ensure there is power to it but wondering if this things break or anything funky about them. its factory looking install.
j930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:24 AM   #2

J,

Maybe I haven’t had enough coffe yet, but from the old specs I just glanced at it said your model has a fresh water capacity of 38-44 gallons, not 80. Hopefully, someone with that particular model will chime in here for more accurate information.

Most grey tanks I know of are 40 gallons. One way to check your tank capacities is to first empty your gray tank. Then fill your fresh tank. Empty all your fresh water into your gray tank, and then add a few more gallons to the kitchen sink by hand. If the grey water comes up into your shower then you’ll know you don’t have an 80 gallon grey tank.

There should be only one water fill point for your fresh tank, which is separate from your city water fill point.

As to your your power port, first thing to check would be your fuses.

Let us know how it works out, ok?

Safe travels.

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:48 AM   #3

You definitely didn’t go through 80 gallons just washing hands. My family of four uses 20 gallons per day if we all shower and use water liberally. You could pick up a digital water flow meter. You can get them on Amazon for less than $20. I use one to add exactly enough water to get us through whatever trip we are on. As far as what happened to your 80 gallons, did you fill your tanks until they overflowed? If you did that, a shockingly large amount of water can come back out from siphoning. Also, I’ve heard a lot of water can slosh out of the overflow tubes while driving. If you think that is the case, you can add some shark bite valves to the end of your overflow tubes, and close those when you drive.
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:08 AM   #4

Whether it's 40 or 80 gallons I doubt you'd go through that much water while conservatively washing hands and dishes. Did you fill the tank before leaving on a trip and travel with it full? I'm wondering if a lot of the water got siphoned out while you were on the road. I've never had the experience but have heard of that happening to others.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:29 AM   #5

will call jayco to see if the brochure is what they really put in the unit.

yes we filled the tanks until they over flowed.. and as you guys mentioned I did see water coming out now and then as we drove to Phoenix to east of payson. we were dry camping so I did not want to take the chance of finding water somewhere.

so if you put valves on the overflow there is no chance of that backing up into the unit so long as you close them after you fill it?
Old 07-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat77 View Post
You definitely didn’t go through 80 gallons just washing hands. My family of four uses 20 gallons per day if we all shower and use water liberally. You could pick up a digital water flow meter. You can get them on Amazon for less than $20. I use one to add exactly enough water to get us through whatever trip we are on. As far as what happened to your 80 gallons, did you fill your tanks until they overflowed? If you did that, a shockingly large amount of water can come back out from siphoning. Also, I’ve heard a lot of water can slosh out of the overflow tubes while driving. If you think that is the case, you can add some shark bite valves to the end of your overflow tubes, and close those when you drive.
Never seen my better half do dishes? :-)
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #7

(so if you put valves on the overflow there is no chance of that backing up into the unit so long as you close them after you fill it?)

I’ve haven’t made that mistake yet, but I imagine you would just get a face full of water from your fill point. Start with the valves open, fill until overflowing, close valves, drive to campsite, open valves. 80 gallons ready to go.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #8

I don’t have your model, however I had an issue that sounds similar.
I filled ( at least I thought I did) our fresh water tank and in no time it was empty.
I found that the fill tube routed downward and then turned up to go into the tank. This made a low point where not allowing fresh water to gravity fill without the “overflow port to spit back indicating full”.
I physically raised the direction of the tube and supported it with a bracket for a more direct water flow path.
BroRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:40 PM   #9

thanks for the help. Jayco confirmed there is 2 tanks in my unit. 76 gallons total plus whatever is in the water heater..

I think the issue was the water siphoning out on the trip up the mountain. going to give the shark bite trick with valves a try.

will let you know if it does not work!

do any of your kitchen faucets in the trailer leak? its coming from the connection point on the faucet where the nozzle pulls out? its tight and I dont see anything obvious.

John
Old 07-18-2018, 06:49 AM   #10

water and electric 2015 jay flight elite 267BHSW

Yes, leaking from the outside kitchen is also a common problem. Every time you pull the drawer in and out, you are bending the hose, putting pressure on the threads, and causing the hose to want to back itself off a little bit. I think the quickest solution is to put a 90 degree elbow under the faucet, so the hose is coming straight in, instead of bending up to the faucet.

Edit: Sorry, looks like you were talking about inside kitchen. Probably a bad or mis-seated O-ring in there. If you have an outside kitchen, keep an eye on that as well. When ours started leaking, the water flowed under the bunks, and took awhile to discover.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #11

thx.. I looked in there and I did not see a o ring.. thats most likely the issue.. pulled a few apart at home depot and they did not either.. I will take it apart and see what I could trim up to make a new o ring.

John
Old 07-18-2018, 08:24 AM   #12

Didn’t know Jayco made the 267 in an elite package. I thought the 267 was just an entry level SLX model. Have you looked underneath for two fresh water tanks?
Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:27 AM   #13

maybe I have my numbers wrong.. but it says elite on the side and there is a insulation package under the entire bottom...
Old 07-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by j930 View Post
maybe I have my numbers wrong.. but it says elite on the side and there is a insulation package under the entire bottom...
I believe the insulation is part of the 'Glacier' package, but the dual water tanks are part of the Elite package (along with a bunch of stuff).

RE: Water loss.
We use a couple of neoprene 'corks' to plug the end of the vent tubes when traveling; quick, easy, cheap.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote