Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2023, 05:01 AM   #1

Year 2 report...2022 Eagle HT 284BHOK

Just sharing as Im planning year three adventures...

1. No major problems after 6,000+ miles and 12 camp sites.

2. Minor issues all have the same culprit...
undersized wood screws into fiber board.

a) Pantry door magnets stripped out after excessive road bounce (thank you I-81 between Scranton and I-80). Fixed by drilling holes through top/bottom of door, and securing magnets with bolts/locking nuts. Fixed the pantry side magnets with more serious wood screws.

b) Bedroom pocket door strap came loose, and the door was literally ripped down off of the - again, undersized - wood screws. I reattached with way more agressive/longer screws...and 'fixed' the scratches with furnature marker. All good. We now secure this door open for travel with a bungee cord from the closet handle to the door. I won't trust the button snap again.

c) Im not a fan of the BM Pro system. I know Jayco has already moved away from this, and that was a smart idea. Wall switches/indicators are less headache.

3. Beyond that, we've been very happy! My 2021 Silverado 2500 HD tows it like a dream...even through steep appalachian roads with the gas engine. Equilizer 1400 WD system is part of the good tow experience as well.

4. Features we love...

Auto-leveling!
Blackstone griddle
Huge pantry
Big bathroom
81 gal of fresh water!
16 inch wheels/tires

5. Dont care for frameless windows. Poor air flow, and cost too much. Save your money for auto-leveling...which is a God-send!

- Sam
Sam_The_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 02:27 AM   #2

Wow - I bought my 284BHOK in May 2022, and had both the pocket door and pantry door issue you did. The pocket door didn't completely fall down, but it was hanging unevenly due to one stripped screw, making it a challenge to open/close.

I had a few other glitches:

1) Had to install a valve on the sewer drain, after ending up with a bunch of "stuff" in the pipe, in spite of completely draining the tanks. Sensors are also worse than my old Coleman.

2) Fridge (12v) temp is mid 40s in the front, at full thermostat, and it takes quite a while (24h) when it is hot outside. Dealer charged me $60 to say they found nothing, so I'm stuck at the moment.

3) Tongue jack started blinking (all lights in sequence) on a rainy trip back from Yellowstone. I can actually raise and lower the tongue jack with my phone, but no buttons work. Lippert said it has to be a loose cable, so it's in the shop (I couldn't find anything).

Overall, I'm pretty happy. About 5000 miles on mine as well. Love the solar and auto-leveling, and definitely love the size and layout.
cekowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:05 AM   #3

Wow, lotta similarities!

I had your #1and #3 as well. I put one of thpse Valterra gates on and it does the job.

Funny on the tongue jack, the first time it ever happened was when I was using it for the last time as I was winterizing. I called the dealer and they advised trying the app, and that worked. Then i went back to the jack pad, and that was now funtioning. Weird.

One final.thing I didnt mention earlier, we had the "dead as disco' BMPro tablet when first opening up in Spring. Took it out, charged it from the wall in the house...all good.

Sam_The_Eagle
Old 01-09-2024, 10:22 PM   #4

On the tongue, mine did the same thing this past fall. Dealer and Jayco could not fix it so it was replaced under warranty.
Alabama Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_The_Eagle View Post
Just sharing as Im planning year three adventures...

1. No major problems after 6,000+ miles and 12 camp sites.

2. Minor issues all have the same culprit...
undersized wood screws into fiber board.

a) Pantry door magnets stripped out after excessive road bounce (thank you I-81 between Scranton and I-80). Fixed by drilling holes through top/bottom of door, and securing magnets with bolts/locking nuts. Fixed the pantry side magnets with more serious wood screws.

b) Bedroom pocket door strap came loose, and the door was literally ripped down off of the - again, undersized - wood screws. I reattached with way more agressive/longer screws...and 'fixed' the scratches with furnature marker. All good. We now secure this door open for travel with a bungee cord from the closet handle to the door. I won't trust the button snap again.

c) Im not a fan of the BM Pro system. I know Jayco has already moved away from this, and that was a smart idea. Wall switches/indicators are less headache.

3. Beyond that, we've been very happy! My 2021 Silverado 2500 HD tows it like a dream...even through steep appalachian roads with the gas engine. Equilizer 1400 WD system is part of the good tow experience as well.

4. Features we love...

Auto-leveling!
Blackstone griddle
Huge pantry
Big bathroom
81 gal of fresh water!
16 inch wheels/tires

5. Dont care for frameless windows. Poor air flow, and cost too much. Save your money for auto-leveling...which is a God-send!

- Sam

Just curious, you say Jayco has moved away from the BMPRO Jaycommand system. I just checked the specs for the '24 version of my Pinnacle, and it is still there as well as the voice Jaycommand. We keep hearing that they changed the tablet to a new version not requiring a battery, but haven't been able to confirm this.
Old 01-10-2024, 11:07 AM   #6

I've seen YouTube reviews of the new version of my model...has old style wall switches.

Maybe on Pinnacle they haven't switched back?

Sam
Torklift Stable Loads
Thule Range 4 bike rack
Old 01-10-2024, 12:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_The_Eagle View Post
I've seen YouTube reviews of the new version of my model...has old style wall switches.

Maybe on Pinnacle they haven't switched back?

Sam

Could be but doubt it. I saw very few manual anything at the Tampa show last year. We will be there again this year
Old 03-20-2024, 09:21 AM   #8

Tongue jack

Update - I took my trailer to the shop back in November. It is still there.

Got a call today, and everything is done - except the tongue jack. The dealer has called Jayco, and Lippert, and can't get a replacement. In spite of Lippert claiming the flashing lights were a connection issue, apparently the only remedy is to replace it - only there are no replacements available.

I've got a trip planned for Mar 29, for the eclipse. You'd think that in 3 months a replacement jack could have been located.

Not a great experience.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Traveler View Post
On the tongue, mine did the same thing this past fall. Dealer and Jayco could not fix it so it was replaced under warranty.
Alabama Traveler, did your dealer have any trouble finding a replacement?
Old 03-20-2024, 09:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekowalski View Post
Alabama Traveler, did your dealer have any trouble finding a replacement?
Dealer did replace the jack after 2 months and approval from Jayco warranty. I have no idea where he obtained the jack. Can you operate it via the cell phone app?
My main concern now is the awning issue we had. The board for it has now been replaced two times under warranty but I was told if it had to be replaced again it would be my responsibility to pay for it… NOT happy!
Old 03-20-2024, 10:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Traveler View Post
Dealer did replace the jack after 2 months and approval from Jayco warranty. I have no idea where he obtained the jack. Can you operate it via the cell phone app?
My main concern now is the awning issue we had. The board for it has now been replaced two times under warranty but I was told if it had to be replaced again it would be my responsibility to pay for it… NOT happy!
I made some calls today, found out the dealer couldn't find it online, but Lippert can make one with 5 days' lead time. It did work with my cell phone, which is how I finished last season out. But the tech supposedly tried his phone and it didn't work. We shall see. Dealer is definitely the cause of this one though - it's absurd that they wouldn't just call Lippert themselves. I had an answer in 5 minutes, and they even had one in stock.

What's up with your awning - that's crazy! How could it be your responsibility if you aren't doing anything to cause it?
Old 03-21-2024, 07:00 PM   #12

I asked them why it would be my problem and the answer was it would be out of the warranty period. I asked them if they tried to to locate the issue for the board to continue to fail but I didn’t get any logical answer. If it goes out again I will contact Jayco directly. We like the trailer, just not the quality issues we are having.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:27 AM   #13

On a different note...my BM Pro tablet will not boot. Last year it did the same, and the dealer advised I remove it and take it in the house and charge it from the wall. And that worked then.

But now...no dice.

We just did our first trip of the season (Hilton Head) using only the phone app. Unnerving, to say the least.

I really wish I just had wall switches.

Sam
Torklift Stable Loads
Thule Range 4 bike rack