Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #1

Help!...need canvas repair on Canvas

Hi. Went this morning to make offer on 2015 used popup at dealer. When it was being put away, someone working there forced bed rails in and tore the canvas in several spots...including screen, clear plastic on window, probably inner canvas on window and two other spots...one a large "L" shape. It is on the side opposite the door in the dinette slide area. Canvas was pretty much perfect before this. So my question is...has anyone had damage like this you had repaired? How does it look? I called a popup canvas company and they said they can to it in 3 1/2 months...but dealer said they would get material from Jayco and do it. I just wonder how this will look in the end. Put a $500 deposit on it to hold it until I get word of how they are going to handle all this. They already have another person waiting in line for it knowing about the damage....
Thanks for any insight into this...we have had travel trailers but never a popup...so I have no experience in this area.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #2

Have they adjusted the price for the damage? I say this because unless they get you a new canvas the tears will effect your eventual resale value. I had tears on the canvas on my pop up where the corners pull over the bed frames. I sewed the tears up but added a piece cloth from an old ruck to re-enforce the inside of the corners. It was a PITA using a large needle and pliers, it looked better than the tears but not as good as new.
Call around for a new canvas and see if they’ll work with you.

Pricing | Bear Creek Canvas
Old 06-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #3

Bear creek canvas replacement is what I’d aim for. Much better than factory and probably cheaper than what Jayco is going to charge the dealer. Worth an ask

I wouldn’t repair canvas that was almost new before they messed it up. It’s never going to look the same and will never be as waterproof.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:12 PM   #4

They are probably getting all new panels from JAYCO since they would still be available. JAYCO has their own sewing dept.