Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #11
I have been travelling single for 7 years and find if I have done preventive maintenance there have been no machainal problems yet. Had a couple of flat tires that I can change (bring electric impact drill) myself, found that hardly anyone stopped when I was pulled over (2 flats two people pulled over one each). Stop early and pick good camp sites but I have also stayed at walmart and different service stations with no problem. I am 65 years old now. But if you can find someone to travel with it is nice sharing the wonders of the trip, it is a grand country.

advrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #12
Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Never stay alone at rural abandon campsites unless the owner of the campsite lives there.
While travelling just use common sense and listen to what your gut tells you.
Main Highways are usually board but faster in distance, secondary highways through towns are a bit slower to travel but more scenery. Hitch-hikers I wouldn't prefer unless I know the person. For the rest others have giving good advice.

I have stayed in the LA area on a super market parking lot............well 3 times they tried my door...............They heard the dog bark, but we wouldn't be a match to look in the hole of a gun. Now I always surround me with other campers or truck stops.

2014 Ram 1500 CrewCab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 3.92 Rear and Air Lift 1000
2005 Jayco Jay Feather LGT - 29Y GVWR-6500 lbs.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote