Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #31
Quickest way to get them on the ball is bad reviews and no repeat purchases. YELP is one source.

shaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:38 PM   #32
When we first bought our trailer it had more problems than one could think about. We always called ahead and made appointments far enough ahead that they could get the parts needed. One time we paid for a repair rather than wait for Jayco approval and were later reimbursed by Jayco. I can understand dealer dissatisfaction with pay back for warrantied repairs as it took three months for us to get our money back. We also found that dealer quality varies as the dealers in Twin Falls Id. and Deerpark Wn. were very good and the selling dealer in Phoenix really sucked.

2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
Dodge SRW 1 ton Cummins powered.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #33
I have had reasonably good luck with appointments at Albany RV (No I don't work for them). One time their repair man didn't show up (scheduling confusion at their service dept). Most times have gotten an appointment within a week and repaired that day.
FrenchieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #34
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I can understand dealer dissatisfaction with pay back for warrantied repairs as it took three months for us to get our money back.
Both times we received reimbursement for on the road warranty we had the check in 2-3 weeks.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #35
Parts Availability Dissatisfaction

I just took delivery of a new Eagle HT on January 4th and told the dealer on the walkthrough about a defective folding leg on a table in the living room area. They said they would order it and now it is Feb 15th and they still can't tell me when the part will be in. I know this is a minor part, but I am used to getting parts in a few days for vehicles and other equipment. I am not a happy camper at this point, if this is how customer service is going to be. I know I am not the only one that has a sizable investment in their RV; I expected better response time. Also, the person I spoke with in the dealer service department did not seem too concerned about my situation. Basically, I was told they could not do anything about it in rather short words.
BennyCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #36
My TT had a defective table top discovered during the PDI. My dealer (in Middlebury) submitted a warranty claim with Jayco (in Middlebury) and POOF! roughly 2 months later I had my table top!

My sofa has a defective back and a couple of other minor issues. Just before Thanksgiving, I took it in to my dealer (here in AZ). Last week the dealer received two back cushions! The sofa back was reordered.

As far as I know, dealers don't stock parts and neither does Jayco. Jayco has to go through their warranty claim approval process and then, in most situations, order the part from their vendor(s).

There was a recent post about Jayco expanding their customer service department. That may not help you, but it seems Jayco is trying to improve things in that area.

Sherm & Terry w/rescues Steve (std Poodle) & Eydie (min Schnauzer)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights 2015, 90 nights 2016)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote