Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2016, 05:53 PM   #11
Originally Posted by ecksdude View Post
The trailer is kept in a storage facility when not in use, usually park it in front of the house a day before a trip. I really don't see that causing this type of wear though.

I can rotate the tires, I think that's probably the best idea so far. But seems like they shouldn't wear this much in 8K miles even without rotation.

In all likely hood, you probably have a bent axle. Had one tire only wearing excessively. Had one on my 5th wheel which Jayco replaced when it went back to the factory for other repairs. My dealership was unable to determine for sure and was relieved of the issue by the unit being scheduled for other repairs at Jayco's repair facility. My wear was a lot more severe then yours. At 6000 mile the tire was bald on the outside edge.

Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #12
Now that I'm staring at photos I'm realizing the driver side front tire is just as bad as the passenger side rear.

There is supposed to be a regular deep groove (like all the other tires have), the tread on the edge has worn all the way through it already.

2012 RAM 2500 Megacab Laramie Diesel
2016 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
ProPride 3P WDH
ecksdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #13
Most trailer tires get ate up fast while turning. The front axle tires get the worst. They bare more weight. Think of this way. They stay in a fixed position. Straight. When you turn hard, you are basically dragging them to turn at this point. The sides get chewed up first Goes for any trailer really.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

mlucas77 is offline   Reply With Quote