Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2016, 09:35 AM   #1
tld

Recall Notice Question

Early this summer, I almost accidently heard that my Eagle HT had a recall notice regarding my solar wiring. Contacted my dealer and they verified it and I took it in and it was fixed. But, I was told along the way that I would receive a notice from Jayco by mail. Well, never did.

So, my question is two fold. First, in your experience, have you received a notice by mail if there has been a recall or repair notice? Second, Is there anywhere that I can check to see about recall or repair notices that Jayco has put out?
tld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
BCK

Will be interesting to hear a response to this one. There was a recall on the chip for the slide/awning/etc remote on our 2016. I only found out when I got an email from the dealer saying the the part is in, call us to book an appointment for the repair.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #3

They are called TSB's
I had two on my NorthPoint. One was for the remote, as BCK pointed out above, and one for the auto leveling.
I received them in the mail both times. My dealer knew nothing about it.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld View Post
Early this summer, I almost accidently heard that my Eagle HT had a recall notice regarding my solar wiring. Contacted my dealer and they verified it and I took it in and it was fixed. But, I was told along the way that I would receive a notice from Jayco by mail. Well, never did.

So, my question is two fold. First, in your experience, have you received a notice by mail if there has been a recall or repair notice? Second, Is there anywhere that I can check to see about recall or repair notices that Jayco has put out?
1. Yes. We recieved a notice by mail about a door latch, but our Trailer had a different model of lock, not the one recalled.

2. Yes. If you are a member of the Good Sam Club, you can register your travel trailer as well as your tow vehicle (Year and specific model) and they will automatically notify you by email, as well as when you sign in on their website of any recalls of your model, what is wrong, what the consequences of the deficiency are, and what the remedy is (what the company will do to fix it.)

From the Good Sam website: As an exclusive member benefit, you can register your vehicle information with us. We in turn will be tracking the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration) safety recall information on a weekly basis. If we receive a notice that matches your vehicle, or is similar to the vehicle information you gave us, we'll notify you by e-mail.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #5
tld

deweyo2, thanks for the response. A am a Good Sam member and have my fifth wheel and tow vehicle signed up for the notice. But the NHTSA notice didn't trigger an alert to me from Good Sam. Oh well. But I did find the recall notice for my particular issue listed on the NHTSA website!
tld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

Call customer service and ask them why you didn't get your notification. Maybe they have your registration all mucked up in their system.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote