Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #31
Originally Posted by charliebravo View Post
I NEED details. That's exactly what we need. Or tell me where you're parked so I can come steal one.
pretty simple. Just measure your openings, decide on the height you want it, measure height from plywood base under mattress. Buy wood and wood screws and 90degree angle brackets that fit. Cut pieces to length and height. Paint/stain if wanted. Wood glue and screw together. There is also a counter balance under the mattress that is about the same length that has a thin piece of smooth plywood on it for the mattress to rest on.
I also made one out of polyethylene pipe for the bottom bunk to help 'save on weight'. Both work great.

TT: 2015 Jayco Jayflight 26BH Elite
TV: 2014 Ram 1500 Sport, 5.7 HEMI 3.21, Firestone 1000# air suspension. WD hitch w/800# bars
SOLD: 2012 Jayco J-series 1007
Skaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #32
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
LOL! Yeah, the occasional handful of dog or cat fur, or wad of grass, or even a twig I don't worry too much about. But the wrong acorn can make an adult very sick, let alone an infant. And he already has a way of popping things in his mouth quickly and covertly. I'm all for letting him experience things, but I really hate cleaning up vomit, so I'd like to minimize it as much as possible.
An update to this post: This weekend we needed to load the canoe on the truck, so we found a nice soft spot of grass for 8 MO DS to sit in for a couple minutes while we did that. No problems; the dog even sat with him as his protector (he's never done that before, it was very cute). We finished loading up the canoe, and DW brought him in the house where he promptly started gagging. She picked him up, and he immediately puked all over her! Then he opened his mouth wide as if to say "mommy, something is in there I need you to get out for me". Well, there was a soggy twig or piece of straw or whatever stuck way down in his throat. She yanked it out and off he went happy as a clam. That's the vomit I was talking about; he was fine, but DW had to change clothes...

Anyway, this weekend he did pretty good in his bunk. So far we're still using the pool noodle under the sheet, but he's getting really good at sitting up now, and the noodle will do nothing to stop him from toppling out from a sitting position, so bunk gates are on my short list of mods this month.

Also, we began using an audio-only baby monitor that we picked up on Amazon for $30. It worked great, and had enough range for us to use outside the camper. Problem was battery life; we only got two uses out of it with the batteries I had. New batteries are in it now, so we'll see how it goes. Worst case scenario is it has an AC adapter we can use with an extension cord if we need to.

Totally forgot the pack-n-play (my fault), and missed it greatly. We spent a lot of time outside this trip, and it would have been nice to have somewhere to set him down for a little while.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote