Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
New to the Forum - Help Needed on Tankless Water Heater

We own a 2014 Greyhawk which we love. We have a Girard tankless water heater (GSWH-1M) which has only worked sporadically. It has been repaired once and is now back in at the dealer for more repairs. It has only worked about 50% of the time. We understand how the outside temperature and water pressure affects these, but we have had no luck getting it to work consistently. Currently, it is completely broke.

We have heard that Jayco has replaced some of them with a standard 6 gallon tank model. We would be interested in doing this. Any help in how to get Jayco to do this? We are close to being our of warranty.

Glad to be part of the forum.

Kathleen Wilkey
kwilkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
Advise your dealer that you are calling Jayco directly --- and then do so immediately before your warranty expires. After 18 months of fiddling around with the Girard in our Greyhawk, we asked our dealer to replace it. They were on our side but Jayco was not wanting to authorize it until we made one more trip. When our dealer explained that we'd made several previous trips with problems, the Jayco rep said, "Well if this is such a problem, why have I not heard directly from them?"

When the dealership's service manager told me that, I called the Jayco rep that minute to relay personally our unhappiness with the Girard. He then agreed to authorize replacement with a 6-gallon Suburban.

The new unit has been great. Go get yours while you are under warranty. It will put an end to alternating scalding with cold showers.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
I advise anyone with a major issue to notify Jayco by email
( service@jayco.com ),
you need to include your VIN# with the email or you will get an email requesting it. Tell them the whole story and how many times you had it in for repairs and it still does not work. I personally would recommend recommending a regular LP/Electric Hot water heater (6 gal for no tub, 10 gal if you have a tub) This way you have an official paper trail from Jayco.

2013 Jayco Eagle 284BHS
250Watt Grape Solar Panel, MorningStar MPPT 60 Charge Controller
1500 Watt Ramsond PSI, 2 Trojan T145 Batteries (260Ah)
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album http://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote

tankless water heater