Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #21

Missed this earlier.

The PINNACLE levels fine, but with that said the Lippert manual does state "Park on a fairly level surface" which we usually do. That is also the same wording that Power Gear used on our SENECA and that was a hydraulic system.

Power Gear said the extra boost was needed for their system on the MH "Have the engine running while leveling".

Old 03-30-2015, 10:56 AM   #22

I have a Seismic Wave 310 and have used the leveling at two slightly off level spots without problems. What I don't understand, why is dealer not involved? Every warranty item that I have had, I give to the dealer to make right. It seems crazy that you call any third party vendor to try to resolve your problems. Do you realize that they sell and deliver hundreds of these electric self-leveling systems each month? This is not a wide spread problem and you should be angry with your dealer and not Jayco. On top of that Lippert sells both electric and hydraulic systems. Lippert represents that both products are outstanding.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #23

Hello all, read thru the thread and have a general landing gear question. We are waiting for our Pinnacle to be delivered, and I've never had a TT with any auto leveling system. I assume if there is a major failure the hydraulic systems cannot be manually retracted were as the electric can? I know on our old TT it was that way.
Thanks
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #24

JAYCO has always said their engineers feel elec is better than hydraulic for that reason.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:13 AM   #25

i am having same issues with middlelegs not making contact with the ground . sometimes left rear doesnt go all the way down . it always ends with a nice chime sound and reads 'auto level success!' . i think these systems are flawed , like recall flawed . i think they should , but they dont have a fix .
2013 Can am commander 1000 cc camo xt. 2003 Harley Davidson road king
slaw32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #26

Yes even after swapping my main board out which supposedly was a "bad run" with a newer version this exact thing happens on mine as well. Plain and simple: Seismic large format rigs are too much mass for an electric system, and this Lippert system has issues. Combine those two and this is what you get, and two companies in denial: Lippert and Jayco. Heartland and Grand Design for example use hydraulic systems for rigs of this size, for big slides and leveling systems. Oh and now my Schwintek slide on my 14 3914 jams. In the shop again. Over last year I've used it 4 months, rest of time on lot getting or awaiting service or in storage for winter. Beyond frustrated.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:25 AM   #27

I have a question for those who have posted about having problems with the six point electric leveling system. has anyone gotten theirs fixed? does your system work as stated it should every time you use it? If so what was the fix that did the trick?
2013 Can am commander 1000 cc camo xt. 2003 Harley Davidson road king
slaw32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #28

Swapped board, using dual batteries fully charged, still doesn't work- rear jacks go "out of stroke" due to amperage seen by controller at end of leveling process when tweaking. Told by dealer who was told by Jayco and Lippert that max side to side is 1.5 degrees per side and what is indicated on the screen isn't necessarily the slope the back of the unit is on therefore even though screen says 1.4 degrees left or right prior to leveling the back may be greater than that therefore it's 'working' as designed. My mid jacks also intermittently stop before they hit ground.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:12 AM   #29

I don't have the mid jack issue, but we hold our breath every time we level. 1.5 degrees is about what we have seen that this system will level from. Sometimes I can get it to level from 2 degrees off kilter by doing it manually, though then I can't put down the middle jacks, and I have gotten it to auto level once from 1.8 degrees by cycling the auto level system. The Lippert hydraulic system will level the camper from over 4 degrees off kilter, and I have used it to pick up the camper in manual mode to unbind the axles after backing into a particularly interesting spot. I still don't like the electric system and may choose another brand based on this. It is mis-advertised and does not work well.
djtho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:59 PM   #30

1.5 to 2 degrees don't seem like much ! It's been a few years since I retired but I believe 1 degree is .017 per inch so if I am correct measure the distance between your jacks side to side and multiply that times .026 which is 1 1/2 degrees and that would give you in inches how much you can be off max Side to side ? Somebody correct me if I am wrong that's less than 3" ????

Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote