Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #11
Here are the results of my heater output test.

Ambient outside temp was 61f when test began and 68f at finish. The dash heater setting was on "vent" position during entire test and "temp" control was at full hot position. Fan speed was 2nd speed or 3rd speed, however fan speed had no impact on output temp during my test. All temps were measured with an Extech model 430 multimeter with temp probe connected. All temps were measured inside the dash vent opening located under left side of radio in a 2015 Precept 35UN coach.

During the test dash output varied between 126f and 134f degrees. Generally, the temp was coming out of dash vent at 130f under most conditions. It spiked up to 134 during a long hill climb in 3rd gear at 3600 RPM sustained for 3 minutes. The temp dropped to 126f during the decent of same hill (coasting).

I did find it interesting that the dash output rose to 132 during engine idle while parking the coach at end of test period.

In a nutshell, dash heater output while moving is 130f degrees in my coach but will vary 4f degrees when climbing hills or coasting down.

2015 Jayco Precept 35UN
Towing JEEP TJ with Roadmaster plates and bar w/Blue Ox Patriot brake
an Aluma low bed trailer with HD Road King and/or Polaris RZR onboard
mowdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #12
Nice mowdoc. very scientific. Thank you. I wonder what the temp difference is between exiting the dash/defroster and 1', 5' etc. Your test determined the heater/defroster's output is doing it's job but the system installed seems to run short of providing enough heat to keep the cockpit/occupants comfortable.

Darrell, Mary & K.C. Toller Mix
In our hearts: Goldens, Tess & Jericho
'15 Jayco Precept 31 UL "Bertha"
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:38 AM   #13
Although not as scientific as "mowdoc", I did take a reading from the heater this weekend. Probe was in bottom left vent under radio. Setting was on full vent, 2nd. speed with full heat mode. Our outside temp was 52 degs. I had a reading of 129 degs. after a twenty minute warm-up period. Travel was on flat roads.

Steve & Sharon
2015 Precept 31UL
Tow - 2010 Honda CR-V
gmapatime is offline   Reply With Quote