Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #11
Finally had time to try out this mod today and unfortunately it didn't work for me in my 23rb. It was the bikes and not the modification. It really is a great idea and I am glad that I tried it out because it is one of the cheapest mods I think I have tried so far.

VinceN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #12
so where do you put the table top now?

ours has the U shaped table with two legs... my bikes would have to go parallel to thecamper vs perpendicular --- love the idea

jamesmc321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:48 AM   #13
I to did a mod to utilize my dinette as a bike rack. I went about it a little differently. I up graded the plywood under the seat cushions and also added a little more bracing to the frame work underneath. Then I mounted fork mounts to the new plywood. I also added an 1/8" X 2" aluminum flat bar to also strengthen the plywood and to help alieviate any side to side sway from the bike while in transit.

So far works great. We used it over our summer vacation which I drove about 4,000 miles round trip.

I don't have photos right now and it may be a while because the 5er is in the shop for some warranty work.
2015 RAM 2500 6.4 Hemi CC 4X4
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
dpi7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:05 AM   #14
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Wow, I never thought of that space for our bikes. I just place them inside and use a moving blanket to protect everything. These are electric bikes made in Boulder Colorado and their called "Opti Bike" and enough power for any hill in your way. We can ride into town even if it's 20-25 miles away and it's the only way to see the Red Woods so you can look all around. They can go all the way up to Pikes Peak.
HOLY MOLY those are expensive!!

OP, great job! I love the idea! Those dinette legs are known to be a bit wobbly and/or not attached very well at the bottom; any problems or concerns with that?

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote