Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2017, 10:07 AM   #1

Possible Bathroom storage?

This is going to sound a bit crazy but stay with me for a second -- we are taking ownership of a 2017 Jayco 264BHW tomorrow and I have been looking at different mods and trying to be creative with the limited space. One of my bigger storage issues is with the bathroom. I will have to measure as I didn't when we were in the trailers looking but what about putting something like this in above the toilet? I want to avoid screwing into the walls if possible and thought I may be able to anchor creatively using some 3M hooks for travel. This would mainly be for towel storage. I haven't seen anything like this before which probably means it isn't a great idea but I would love your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MichiganRVMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

Does sound crazy, Not sure if 3M command hooks would have enough holding power. You might need the bigger ones and a bunch of them.

Two down low to keep the feet in place, maybe one set in the middle to keep if from bouncing around. and two to four up high to keep it from shifting and yanking away from the wall.

So how are you going to keep the towel on it while traveling?? Light weight bungee coard

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #3

I think if you left it empty while traveling you would be fine using the command hooks, then load it up once you arrive.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #4

Yes, I am not as worried about the traveling as having a place to put them while we are camping. I am sure I could come up with something creative to travel with but I could also leave them off. I was thinking something like this in multiple spots? It looks like a rung on be rack would be about the same size as a broom!

Old 05-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganRVMom View Post
Yes, I am not as worried about the traveling as having a place to put them while we are camping. I am sure I could come up with something creative to travel with but I could also leave them off. I was thinking something like this in multiple spots? It looks like a rung on be rack would be about the same size as a broom!

interesting idea, I wonder if the clip mechanism would not pop open as you travel?? no clue

I was thinking the heavy duty hook version with the two command strips, tipped 90 degrees of the way you normally install them and then hook the rack to lock it in place.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #6

We store our towels under the dining bench in soft under bed storage bags like this (we keep a couple towels hanging in the bathroom but then get extras out as needed). They were about $7 for a pack of two. We use the other one for extra blankets and keep it under the other dining bench. They are soft so you can fold up any excess to keep storage space maximized.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0343.JPG  
Old 05-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #7

We use an over the door 4 Pocket Hanging Wall Organizer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Timbrens
blwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:22 PM   #8

We use those same command hooks to keep a broom and dustpan on the bathroom door, they work well for that. Not sure how well they'd work for this intended application but if the diameter of the stand is the same as a broom handle it might be fine. I also agree with Sundancer that if it was empty while traveling it might be okay. The big question I would have is if it does fall over what happens then? Keep in mind it could fall as your pulling out of the driveway for an 8 hour trip over rough roads (worst case scenario). Will it damage anything while sliding around? Could it hit and break the bathroom mirror? Just a few what if's for you to think about.

2022 33RBTS
howlin4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #9

We have those in a couple of the bathrooms in our house. However, with no tank behind the throne in the trailer you'd have to be very short, or lean forward a bit to use the facilities without banging into the bottom shelf if this was placed in that location. The benefit may outweigh the usability concern for you, but something to consider.
John1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:13 AM   #10

Thank you! I ended up with a hanging over the door shoe organizer for shampoo, lotion, etc since we don't have a vanity, and hung the exact same organizer as blwright next to the sink to store towels. I used two 5lb weighted 3M hooks. I'll try to take pictures later. I also hung a broom with a broom hook behind the toilet but after seeing it more closely in person after picking it up, I decided the organizer would not be the best choice behind the toilet! I am really happy with what I have so far!

Thanks for all of your help, I'll try to take some pics later!

Old 05-15-2017, 09:38 PM   #11

what about some thing like this?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:19 AM   #12

Thumbs up

I like both ideas . . . the toilet topper and the command hooks! Keep sharing those creative ideas!
Old 05-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #13

This what we do also. Hangs over the door and easily removeable. Ours also had a basket on it. We use a hang on the door jewelry organizer. It's cloth has clear pockets and holds all our tooth brushes ,medicines and other personal item. What I love about this is it folds up to take back in the house when camping trip is over
Angeleyes0001a is offline   Reply With Quote