Site Team
Nice job! Keep is updated please.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #12
yes, thanks I found that out they could get sheets of almost any length. also, the frames to secure to aren't always consistent due to the black and grey tank locations. I learned a good lesson when I jacked it up...I raised one corner, all the screws were out, and when I got the body up it shifted to one side about an inch !!! I let it down, it came back to where it should be, then i put a thin board along the back and under the wall plate, but in the middle. I went up slowly and lifted the whole back evenly. if this were inside, I may have considered raising the whole body off the frame about a foot or so, then I could have removed the floor. propane lines would have to be removed from below. luckily on this trailer everything but the propane lines are above the floor.

rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #13
Awesome! Minus a lot if sweat equity you are gonna have a nice camper for very little money.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:20 AM   #14
Nice job and way to keep at it! Now....... wanna come over to the beach and do mine? Went into the 165 yesterday to check on things and found a soft spot to the right of the toilet I knew there was a small one there but seems as if it grew a good bit over the summer. Uggg
*Currently trailer-less but shopping
07' GMC Envoy w/ P2 controller (current TV)
88' Chevy K5 Blazer (soon-to-be TV)
74' VW Superbeetle (1303)

exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #15
haha not really in the mood for another one EVER . I think you should check all four corners closely. the floor is in , we had one rainstorm and all 4 corners were wet again ! granted I didn't repair the outside because I wanted to wait to see what happened. all the mouldings with new putty and caulking will be done this week. where I removed the screws and mouldings around the bottom of the body, there were no leaks. where I left the corner mouldings on, there were. I have a tarp over the roof , and down about 2 feet all the way around, to eliminate that possibility. all that's left is leaking corners I hope. also look along the top of the wheelwell trim. don't be afraid to admit the floor is soft when you check it. I started that way, and look how far it actually was. under the heater and the fridge was gone too. that was the last spot I could get to by removing everything and lying down to reach under the cabinet, and clear out the bad stuff. I was actually thinking of heading south if I finish this little adventure before any bad snow ( we had 9 feet last year in a very short time ). then I would head across to see my son in san diego.. money and time will ruin that plan I'm sure.....

rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote