Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2015, 07:40 PM   #11
Thompson Family RV in Davenport, Iowa might be a good place to look. We bought our Whitehawk from them and we made a 5 hour drive to this dealer to pick it up and was well worth the trip. They usually have several White Hawks in their inventory. We dealt with Kent Matthews who was very knowledgable on the White Hawks.

Other things you will have to consider that adds to the cost is the extended warranty they will try and sell to you. So I would recommend doing some research on that prior to going in to sign your final paperwork.

jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #12
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
I like the idea of the freestanding chairs instead of the dinette. If you have no intention of using the dinette as a bed, look at the freestanding chairs and see if you like it. I'm a tall guy, never found the dinette to be comfy. You can't easily slide across the seat and I am too tall to "scoot" across. I feel cramped and too close to the table in the dinette too. Freestanding chairs makes it feel like a more normal table.

Not sure where Baxter is located (snip)
I'm the exact opposite regarding the dinette vs the freestanding table. I'm 5'10" with a 34" inseam, so the legs are long. I have a heck of a time getting under the table and always bang myself on the lip underneath. I've not had any problems in the dinettes in the motor homes, TT and 5w's I've looked at.

Hey G&BOlsen - my dad (Norv) lives in Brainerd and his late girlfriend (Lorraine) was from Baxter (she died last April). I know your neck of the woods a bit. If you go to any of the senior dances around there, you might have met him at some point. He goes to a bunch of 'em. (But heck if I know how old you two are! You might be just as bored as I was at the one I went to.)

Laura, hubby and Lucy (cat)
Still trying to decide what I want/need and can spend hubby's money on
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote