Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #11
Originally Posted by cdedbdwings View Post
Thanks for all your help. I've been reading here and the other comments in the towing and tow vehicle section and here's what I'm understanding so far: as long as I don't go over the GVWR for the Navigator or too much weight on its rear axle, then all I have to worry about is not going over the 8750 pounds my vehicle can tow. If the the trailer is 6300 pounds and the hitch wt is 700 pounds and we carry 1000 pounds or less in the trailer, that brings the total to 8000 pounds. Is 750 pounds enough leeway? Thanks in advance. If we carry 500 pounds is 1250 pounds less than 8750 enough leeway? What is the proper ratio? Can I go up to the entire 8750?
The only way anyone can truly answer your question is if you can tell us the actual scale weight of the navigator loaded with all passengers and "stuff" you would have in it when you were going on a camping trip and the GVWR. Without that everyone is just guessing, and I would want to make a purchase based on a guess from someone you don't even know.

By the way a travel trailer with an actuated scale weight of 6300 would be expected to have much close to 820 lbs if tongue weigh (13%).

2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

22fb, 26rls, lincoln navigator, towing limits