Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2017, 06:50 AM   #1

I don't want to go to the dealer...

2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 w/ 5.7 hemi. TPMS light will NOT go off. On startup I get a warning chime, and the TPMS idiot light flashes 78 times. (Yes, I counted lol). Tires and wheels are stock and correct size, Light Load button is NOT pressed, and tires are at the pressures on the door tag. Went to a tire shop, they ran a sensor by each valve stem and verified that the sensors are transmitting the correct pressures. Everything points to a fault in the TPMS system itself, but I have a tire gauge that's a LOT cheaper than a trip to the dealership will be. Is there a way to just shut off the light?
jholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:03 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholler View Post
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 w/ 5.7 hemi. TPMS light will NOT go off. On startup I get a warning chime, and the TPMS idiot light flashes 78 times. (Yes, I counted lol). Tires and wheels are stock and correct size, Light Load button is NOT pressed, and tires are at the pressures on the door tag. Went to a tire shop, they ran a sensor by each valve stem and verified that the sensors are transmitting the correct pressures. Everything points to a fault in the TPMS system itself, but I have a tire gauge that's a LOT cheaper than a trip to the dealership will be. Is there a way to just shut off the light?
My wife's 2010 Ram is doing exactly the same thing. It is the low battery warning on one of the wheel sensors. I've been dealing with it for the last few months off and on. From the research I've done, the sensor batteries tend to last 5-7 years, so I guess we are lucky to have made it this long.

The only way to fix it is to replace the wheel sensors. I will be doing it when I buy tires in the fall, if we keep the truck that long.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #3

You can try locating the TPMS Module on the truck and disconnect power to it. In my F250 its under the headliner adjacent to the overhead console. Not sure where it is on the Dodge's. I disconnected mine when I went with an aftermarket TPMS.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #4

Had a similar issue, it was the spare tire. Added air to the spare and we were all set.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote