Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2017, 12:49 PM   #1

Black tank and Tote help....

Sorry if I repeated myself, OP didn't go through I believe

So, I'm still learning my camper (X23B)....Do you guys use a Sewage Tote and what kind/Capacity? I'm considering a 25 Gal but think it is overkill and it is just so big (dimensional). I'm concerned for when the wife and I and the 4 girls (or myself and a few guys go hunting with it) for 5 days or so that we fill the Black tank. Would a 15gal. suffice? How long of a trip is typical before concern...thanks
Trophyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:24 PM   #2

When we don't have a sewer connection we bring along a 22 gallon tote. I connect it to the discharge but don't let it free flow. Never cleave the black tank open to drain into it. I bought the tote from Amazon, Barker is the manufacturer, for a little over $100. It's worked very well. I usually only use for Grey water. I will stop using close to our time to leave and let the Grey tank fill up a little to us for flushing the hose out a little better. The wife appreciates it so she doesn't have to worry about filling the tank up with a longer shower. She's happier and I am happier. It's only 16 pounds dry and I store it for travel in the bathroom of my Whitehawk 23MRB. The bathroom has a ton of space and it is rear of the Axle which helps a tiny bit on my tongue weight.
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
I use a 25 gallon tote when there are no hookups and the TT is stationary for awhile. Made a rack for the rear hitch of the truck so it is easy loading and off to the dump station. Grey water is good for the lawn. With the two of us the 22 gallon black tank last about 2 weeks.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #4

drains

We have a 2011 x23b our tires are 13 inch for that year. Ours is to low to drain into a tote. Make sure a tote will fit under your drain.
Bob
380 watts of solar
2013 1500 Silverado 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Equalizer hitch 1,000/10,000
Firestone Airlift airbags
geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezerbob View Post
We have a 2011 x23b our tires are 13 inch for that year. Ours is to low to drain into a tote. Make sure a tote will fit under your drain.
Bob
My trailer is low also. I always make sure I pull onto at least one 2 x 6 board--that extra 1-1/2" helps a lot.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:50 AM   #6

Duck,

If you will be using the tote for the black tank I would highly suggest a tote big enough to completely empty the black tank. That way there isn't any guessing if the tote will hold everything if dumping the tank at say 3/4 full or so....

If your hunting, will you be staying in a campground that has a dump stating? If on a hunting property, how will you empty the tote?

Also, if your drain sits a little low vs a tote, you can always help drain the hose by lifting up on the sewer hose, set it back down to refill, and repeat.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Duck,

If you will be using the tote for the black tank I would highly suggest a tote big enough to completely empty the black tank. That way there isn't any guessing if the tote will hold everything if dumping the tank at say 3/4 full or so....

If your hunting, will you be staying in a campground that has a dump stating? If on a hunting property, how will you empty the tote?

Also, if your drain sits a little low vs a tote, you can always help drain the hose by lifting up on the sewer hose, set it back down to refill, and repeat.
I would take it home and dump in my septic or stop on the way at a campsite. Load it on a hitchhaul i guess
Trophyduck is offline   Reply With Quote