Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
I have a 2,011 17 C and we followed the manual saying we had to wet down the ends three times before we camped. We did that and when the rain was not too heavy, nothing leaked. However, we had some really severe downpours and the canvas did leak - not so bad as to make things very wet, but a few drops here and there. I looked at the manual again and it says to spray with waterproof material so I bought the stuff at Walmart. We just got back from Colorado (we left from our home in New York) there was a terrible downpour and though the inner canvas got wet, it did not leak. What did get really wet, though, was water came in through our air conditioning unit. We left it on fan while we were out, it rained like crazy and when we got back the rug on the floor was soaked and water was still coming out of the unit even though it was no longer raining. It still came out when we turned it off. Is that normal? It took awhile for the unit to stop leaking some water but once it seemed dry we turned it back on and it worked.
Read this thread, it will answer your air conditioning questions:

Tom & Jill Williams
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 27RLS
2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gas 3.73 E-Locker
2011 Ford F-150 4X4 Off-Road Supercrew Ecoboost 3.73 E-Locker - Sold
2011 Starcraft 175RK - Sold
tbwill is offline   Reply With Quote