Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
I tow my hybrid with a 2013 VW Touareg TDI and it tows 7,700 lbs. and it weighs in at around 5K. I get 33 mpg on the highway and with my EXP21M at 4,800 lbs I get 23 mpg. I almost don't even know the TT is behind me. Going up a7% grade it runs at only 28-2900 RPM. It, like the Q7 ( both have the same underpinnings & made on the same line) have the same 3.0 TDI and have the tip- tropic transmission . Going down that slope I drop it down to 3rd and hardly ever use the brakes. I don't have the 3rd row seat so yes you need the Q7. I have 2 other Audi's, A4 and a TT and I traded in my A6Avant for the Touareg and it's a great car just like my A's. Too bad your not in Vancouver ,I would have you over and give it a drive. Check and make sure that the wiring harness is included with the trailer towing pkg.( mine was not). The wiring harness is for the brake controller . Any other questions feel free to PM me.

Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
This is a crazy expensive life lesson here too! All the suvs that can comfortably tow...drink fuel like crazy oh and sticker price...buy a small house! haha When I figure out the new TV, I know I will want to upgrade the TT. Not sure if I should sell the TT privately or trade it in at the dealer. My dealer said I would take a 20% hit
No question sell it private party...both the buyer and yourslef will do better. Two different dealers offered me $9500 and $10500 for my '12 26BH respectively. I got over $14K selling privatly...which was still a good dealer for the buyer compared to buying used off a lot and for me when you consider the trade in offers.

I listed it on CraigsList, it took about 4 weeks during the holidays.

2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote