Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #11
Originally Posted by thriller View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the guts of the "T" handle type closing system. Just bought a used 2006 19H and broke the inside part of where the "T" handle goes on. The guy had a spare there since he had already broke at least one on the exact same spot.

Is there a way to fix this problem? I wish I had the newer style without the "T" wrench. That way you would have a way to lock it as well.
I did break the little square thing off after closing it one day, and had to go to the stealership and get a replacement. After about a month they finally got it in and I was able to drill out what was left enough to put a screw driver in there and unlock the bed board. This past weekend I talked with someone who has the barn style locks on his 2002 and he gave me the name of the company that supposedly supplies it to Jayco. I do not have the info with me at work, hopefully it is still in the camper. If so I will post up their name and web site (if they have one it is Amish owned) later.

Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
www.jaycorvparts.com -- look up your year, type and then model number---- I t will then give you a schematic of parts. You can then get the part number and order new T- latches.

vaskohop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
I tried the link you provided for parts and it didn't work.
I got a page not available error
Model X19H Expandable
GMC Sierra Pick up

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #14
Looks like the parts part of their website is down, I couldn't get to the page by the link or by searching. The main website is http://www.jaycofactorydirect.com/.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #15
While I don't have any problems with my "T" handle, I did manage to break off a key in one of the locks. The broken part of the key is inside of the lock. Anyone know how to get it out? Will I need to get a locksmith?
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B
2014 Ford Expedition
Horst Miracle Probes
Barker Power Jack
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #16
I would try:
- spray lubricant in lock and it might slip out enough to grab it.

- If part of the key is hanging out or you have managed to pull it part of the way, use a pair of needle-nosed pliers to pull it completely out.

- Try drilling a small hole into the key piece and insert a small screw in just a bit.

Good Luck

- Use a pick. I bought a set of picks at Home Depot. The sharp edge of the pick can be used to dig into a brass key if part of it is exposed.

vaskohop is offline   Reply With Quote