Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2016, 02:55 PM   #1

Need Fender for my White Hawk

Need to replace the plastic fender on my 2014 White Hawk after the original was destroyed when a tire blew on my trip back from the Gulf coast. I was lucky in that the blow out didn't do any additional damage.

Any suggestions on how I should go about ordering a replacement?
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
Site Team

I have ordered them from Jayco thru a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I have ordered them from Jayco thru a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, hoping to not have to go thru dealer. Found one site called Online Jayco parts that says it gets stuff directly from the factory warehouse. Calling them today but if no good will contact my dealer who is 75 miles away. Do you remember how much a fender skirt costs?
Old 11-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Thanks, hoping to not have to go thru dealer. Found one site called Online Jayco parts that says it gets stuff directly from the factory warehouse. Calling them today but if no good will contact my dealer who is 75 miles away. Do you remember how much a fender skirt costs?
About $100 plus shipping.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 11-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
About $100 plus shipping.
Just ordered from Worldwide RV, Jayco direct for $80 plus shipping. Shipping is direct from the Jayco warehouse in In and it ships directly to my home address. Very easy to work with this site. Called and rep sent me a scale drawling to confirm the part. All I needed to give them was the vin and of course my credit card info. In stock and ships in 2 days.

Thanks and I will note this website for future Jayco needs.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #6
Site Team

Filed in memory bank. Hope I never have to retrieve it!
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 12-03-2016, 07:22 PM   #7

New fender arrived today and is exact match to the original. All that I have to do is drill out the holes. The plastic has the molded recessed locations where the screws are used, but the holes have not been drilled. Guessing they used self-taping screws when they assembled the TT at the factory thus no holes in the fender blank. Going to be a bit of a pain to try to match the drill holes to match the holes in the sidewall. The old screws are still in the side wall as the plastic was shattered. I'm going to take a shot that they centered the screws in the recessed areas. Also have to cut a vertical piece off the front tip of the fender since the bulk of the fender is mounted on the super slide. About an 8" tip is screwed onto the side wall. The new fender came in one piece and I have to measure and cut the end piece. Have to give that some thought before I start cutting.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #8

Quote:
New fender arrived today and is exact match to the original. All that I have to do is drill out the holes. The plastic has the molded recessed locations where the screws are used, but the holes have not been drilled. Guessing they used self-taping screws when they assembled the TT at the factory thus no holes in the fender blank. Going to be a bit of a pain to try to match the drill holes to match the holes in the sidewall. The old screws are still in the side wall as the plastic was shattered. I'm going to take a shot that they centered the screws in the recessed areas. Also have to cut a vertical piece off the front tip of the fender since the bulk of the fender is mounted on the super slide. About an 8" tip is screwed onto the side wall. The new fender came in one piece and I have to measure and cut the end piece. Have to give that some thought before I start cutting.

I just started a new thread, should have searched first. Here's my issue (same problem, have to cut the skirt as the 1/2 that was on the slide blew off)

We lost a fender skirt on a long trip and it wasn't covered on warranty so I asked the dealer for a price for a replacement.

Here's the breakdown: "The revised part cost $55.78 + handling fee $9.95 + freight $150.00 + tax $17.25 = $232.98

I'm a little shocked, is this normal?

2015 White Hawk 23MBH
heyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #9

Freight sound excessive!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:51 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyfly View Post
I just started a new thread, should have searched first. Here's my issue (same problem, have to cut the skirt as the 1/2 that was on the slide blew off)

We lost a fender skirt on a long trip and it wasn't covered on warranty so I asked the dealer for a price for a replacement.

Here's the breakdown: "The revised part cost $55.78 + handling fee $9.95 + freight $150.00 + tax $17.25 = $232.98

2015 White Hawk 23MBH
150 bucks for shipping? That`s extortion.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyfly View Post

2015 White Hawk 23MBH
World wide RV $80 plus $30 shipping. Shipped direct from Jayco warehouse. Installed today.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:05 AM   #12

forgot to mention that I cut the skirt for mounting on the slide with a cutting wheel on my angle grinder. Made a very precise cut but you have to be careful marking a cut line so you can make a vertical cut since you are cutting on an uneven surface.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:29 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
World wide RV $80 plus $30 shipping. Shipped direct from Jayco warehouse. Installed today.
That sounds more like it. No way shipping should be 150.00
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
That sounds more like it. No way shipping should be 150.00
MY example is shipped "directly to me". The $30 was what jayco charged and Worldwide just added that amount on to my invoice, no mark up on the shipping. The example of $150 and other inflated charges is why I wanted to get it shipped to me and to do the repair myself. The dealer will ramp up the total to pad their pockets. If you can do something yourself and its not covered by warrantee then avoid the middleman and save $$$$'s.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #15
Site Team

Replacing a fender skirt is a 30 minute job even if you don't have a battery screwdriver. Order it direct as Bassdogs did.

Usually that is what happens with a blowout, if you are lucky!
Gator roll-up bed cover