Let's hope I get this right... I got a few pictures of the parts, but missed while we were working, running low on daylight due to a tool run.
Needle nose pliers
Channel lock pliers
15/16" deep socket with thin wall thickness
Associated ratchet and an extension
Cut off wheel on grinder
3/32" hex wrench (for handle removal)
The worm gear and shaft are all sold in one length, long. So you have to cut the new one to the length of your old one. I used my grinder with a cut off wheel, a hack saw would probably have worked.
The old worm gear and shaft.
The washers and o-ring for the worm gear shaft
Gear housing from the bottom.
The nut and seals for the gear housing. Notice that the black o-ring had rolled. This is where my leak was. Upon re-assembly with the new parts, we lubricated this extremely well with the silicone spray and put it together slowly and carefully so as not to roll it again.
It worked best with 2 people, one on the roof, one inside the camper. It can be done alone, but that would be a lot of trips up and down the ladder. My problem was that my 15/16" socket had very thick walls. I had to make a parts store run to get a new one with much thinner walls to fit up inside the hole to get the nut off the bottom of the gear housing.