Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #31
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
..snip.. I challenge anyone to take the time to read the government mandated notices in the front of anything you buy. They often take up the first 1/3 of the owners manual. They say stuff like the chain on your saw can cut off body parts or your car will be hard to control on Ice. Really does anyone on here read that stuff?
Yes! When I upgraded all 14 PC's in the building, I bothered to read all of the documentation that came with the monitors. One 4x6 leaflet about the dangers of water and the monitor and warnings about sitting too close for too long. The fine print that came with the keyboards (single folded 3x3 card tied to the cord) warned of repetitive motion injuries.

I can do without the Nanny State, thank you very much. But there are too many folk that need to be told *repeatedly* that there are dangerous things in modern/industrial life.

Is it possible to create a class system based on how responsible someone has proven him/her self to be?

Those that need self-driving cars, padded stairwells and no access to sharp objects. Vs. People that can drive reasonably when the weather turns foul (and know when to pull off); people that can handle tools and equipment that can kill bystanders or the user if not careful.

Do we need a certification process for kitchen knives?

TT 2015 19RD "TheJayco"
TV 2003 F-350 "Montblanc" - Housebroken chore truck

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #32
In my Seneca, the original ladder for the over-cab bed (assuming there WAS one from the factory at all) is gone. The previous owner replaced it with a nicely-thought-out little steel one with about 12" on centers for the rungs. Works, but it's like lifting a 75 lb barbell, and climbing the thing in bare feet is painful. It's made out of 1" square thick wall steel tubing, and the rungs actually hurt your feet, especially at my weight class. But it works. I'll get around to modifying all three rungs someday to make them more comfortable, and the ladder heavier yet. But for now, it's just not a priority.

2006 Jayco Seneca 34SS
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Toad
Dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote