Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #1

Seneca 37HJ access during travel

I'm new here - please be gentle.

I have yet the opportunity to set foot in a 37HJ. (I'm asking here so I don't have to travel to one of the major shows or a dealer in another state.) My question is simple - how (wide) is the access to the bed (room) without the slides extended? If you made a short stop and wanted to take a nap could you enter the bedroom and have a decent area of bed available without extending the slides?

Planning for retirement - hoping to 1/2 time on the road with my wife and my Jeep!
ZingerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:45 PM   #2

It is a bit tight with both slide outs retracted however with a little effort you can hop up on there. The full bed is accessible just no leg room in front to maneuver. We just swapped the Denver mattress to a Cal king size due to width limitations and although 2" too long it fit. Thank god it is quite an upgrade from the factory mattress.
BrentJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #3

I'm a 44 chest and I fit in the opening to the bed room. It is a reasonably tight fit but once in there the bed is fully accessible.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #4

Yes, it is tight. My thoughts for a quick stop is use the over cab bunk. Emergency egress might take a while after just waking up. JMHO!

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:39 AM   #5

Seneca 37HJ access during travel

Not sure how set you are on the HJ, but a very strong selling point on the FS for us was the very ample maneuver room with the slides closed. I have attached a very good walk-thru video of the 2016 FS that demonstrates the available space with the slides closed. We know our future travels will require frequent early morning (6ish) departures and in order to minimize disturbing our neighbors, we will close up the slides just before we turn-in the night before. That way in the morning we can just unhook shore power, city water, un-chock and go.

javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:34 PM   #6

Their are two wall plugins in the headroom, one on each side of bed.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote