Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2015, 05:57 AM   #81
I only used mine for two days, but really it worked wonderfully so long as you follow the instructions in the book. My wife was besides herself being able to take a long hot shower w/ no care. And to be honest, so was I.

I'm quite pleased its included in the Greyhawk.

2015 Greyhawk 29MV

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #82
Our on-demand heater seemed to only work at lower altitudes. While at 7.000 feet all we had was cold water after an initial spate of cold-scald-cold. Hate the d$%&d thing. Will never again buy a RV that has one!!!

Stupid thing works OK once we returned. Should have bought a Dynamax with the 10 gal heater.

2015 Jayco Seneca 36 FK
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited tow
2010 Tiffin RED 36 QSA - gone
2011 Monaco Monarch class A - gone
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #83
I wonder if there is an altitude adjustment like the generators have? I've not been in your situation and have not considered the need.
'16 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:45 AM   #84
So after our Alaska trip, we have had a lot of variable experiences with it. As you can imagine, FL to Alaska and back in 30 days requires a lot of dry camping unless you have a ton of money to burn. This meant we only showered every few days because a family of 6 with a tank less water heater would drain the fresh water in one session... when in the various campgrounds, we found ourselves having to waste lots of water to find the sweet spot. Does it work, yes. Do I like fiddling with it every time, no. What we have also found is that we likely would need a variable water pressure regulator to make sure the heater gets what it needs. Our last campground in GA we had the scalding on the lowest setting issue, which for me is the final straw. We will be trying the replacement route.

Was it frugal on propane, sure thing. We only had to fill up on the return leg, but could have made it home. It is however very noisy, which doesn't make taking a shower after others have gone to bed too easy as it could wake them up.
Carl & Dawn
2015 Greyhawk 31FS
2015 Ford Transit Connect (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #85
Odd, I didn't find ours appreciably noisier than the 6 gallon DSI I had on my prior coach.

I could totally see how the tankless system could be annoying if you are watching your water consumption though. Definitely not the target audience for this appliance.
2015 Greyhawk 29MV

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #86
Water consumption is a big deal for us. I use a low flow, high velocity shower head and the low demand for hot water just wouldn't cut it with the tankless. Using only hot water the heater would cycle from hot to cold or if it didn't we had to fiddle around with the temp control too much. Changed out the water heater rather than the shower head. The 40 gallon holding tank will last us for 4 days without either of us taking abbreviated showers.

2015 Greyhawk 29MV
Honda CRV toad with Blue Ox baseplate
Ready Brute Elite towbar with braking system
Hughes autoformer
TST 507 Flowthru TPMS
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote